summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 7, 2012

happy easter!!!

Sonja K. helped me fill the Easter Baskets. I only sampled a little bit, some Sour Patch Kids Jelly Beans, a SweetTart jelly bean, and ...okay, a whole handful of those candy coated chocolate Cadbury eggs.
This was on the counter when I got up this morning, the remaining peanutbutter bars with chocolate frosting, that Mirielle made last night, filling the house with the most tantalizing aroma ever. I looked at them, drooled a little bit, then decided not to even taste them. Because I know they would taste just like a Reese's peanut butter cup on steriods. So I didn't even taste any.

Emily stopped in for a bit after work tonight. She was pleased to show me a letter stating she won a writing contest at work, first place. She is an amazing writer, her stuff always makes me laugh and cry. She is getting an award in a few weeks, and has been asked to read some of her winning story at the ceremony. I get to go with her, and am looking forward to it.

Aaron the little brat. He is getting into his basket. I got him a white bunny. He isn't thrilled. He said it is like having a choice of a hamburger and a turkeyburger, he would eat a turkeyburger, but he would always choose the hamburger. I guess he is saying he likes white chocolate but would prefer a chocolate one. What a brat.

8 of us are still up, and I am too distracted to write tonight. Have a nice Easter!!!

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I can only imagine all the candy you have to buy. wow.