summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

well THAT explains a few things!!!

Camille took this of me today.

I figured out what my problem was yesterday, besides the fact that I am full of sin. See, I took a pregnancy test this morning..and it was negative. Dang. I was really hoping, even though I am old. 46 is getting up there for having babies. But, I was hopeful. Nah, no matter how I tilted that thing, only one line. I even checked a few hours later, dug it right out of the garbage, but no sir, still only one line. Then...oh dang, yes mam, uh-huh, this explains my rough day yesterday. Nothing like a nice drop in hormones to make one feel like crying, eh? And the good part is that I still have menopause to look forward to. blah.
Camille and Mama

I took this as I tried to cheer her up...see, we had leftover meatballs for lunch...after I finished mine, I sang her a song. It is just the two of us here, and Rosie, so I sang with all my heart..."On of spaghetti, all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed. It rolled off the table, and on to the floor, and then my poor meatball - rolled right out the door. Out to the garden, and under a bush, now my poor meatball - is nothing but mush!" (rhymes with "On Top Of Old Smokey".) Anyway, she did not like this song at all. She almost cried.
"Did she get a new meatball, Mama?"
"It makes me sad..."
"Please don't sing that ever again, Mama."
A stack of Fancy Nancy books will keep her occupied for quite a while.
Camille likes to use my Nook.

It is windy this afternoon, and after hearing a few strange noises, and Rosie barking at them, things banging around outside, I decided I do not want to be alone next year when she goes to school. Too scary. Will someone please give me a baby?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

The song continues ... A hundred years later, it grew into a tree, and now there are meatballs, for you and for me ... Maybe that'll cheer Camille up! :)

Mom said...

You look great! Yay--your continued hard work is paying off. And, btw, that song used to make me sad too. Funny, I hadn't thought about that in 30 years.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

ha ha my mom used to sing that song all the time and to be honest I feel the same way as she does LOL. (((hugs)))) on the negiative pregnancy test....I will send you all my baby dust lol.

Allison said...

sorry you got a bfn, maybe I will give you a baby ;)

It made me laugh when i read the bit about Camille and that song! I sing it to Meghan and Dylan and they think it is hilarious!

Also, I don't know if you want to write specifics or not, but if you could list what Ben needs/wants. Because I really have no clue what to send or how long it would take to get there. I'd like to send him a package, you could always message me on facebook instead!

I hope you hear from him soon. <3

Unknown said...

I don't know how you've managed being pregnant all these times!! I'm 3 wks shy of having our 7th and I can barely keep up with myself let alone everyone else in the family....does it mean every pregnancy from now on will be 'hard'? Surely not if your still crossing fingers for double lines!!
Cheers Sue

16 blessings'mom said...

Rebecca, thank you! I never heard that last line, and Camille was pleased! Bonnie, thank you. Cindy, I will take that baby dust. Allison, isn't it fun to be home with kids and sing as loud as you want without anyone telling you if you are off key? Sue...congrats to you, baby number seven!!! You are one blessed lady. Does it get harder from here on in? Nah. It gets easier because your older kids get older, you get a little wiser and more tolerant, and you sweat the small stuff less. And you appreciate each baby even more than the last, so that strengthens you. Helps you to endure the fatigue and aches and pains. But truthfully, it sometimes seemed impossible to me that I was responsible for so much when I was pregnant and tired and aching. So I would not lie and say it was easy. But as you know, it is so worth it!