summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 10, 2012

the days never go like they're planned....

I had things to do. But. The propane ran out! I called the Propane Man. He would bring us some. Certainly. So. The dishes sat there, me gladly reasoning that I shouldn't wash them in cold water. The laundry came to a dead halt, those towels couldn't go in the dryer with no propane to run it! And it was cloudy and threatening to rain, not hanging-out weather...so no more laundry went into that washer. I worked out and couldn't shower. I couldn't bake those butterfly cut-outs. Poor Camille, she got the bath that never got warm...I sort of had an inkling we must have run out when the water stayed just a little cooler than luke-warm...but that poor child insisted on sitting there and playing with her mermaid Barbies for a while anyway. When she got out, she had to cuddle with me under a blanket for a while, poor us!

Anyway, after a second call to Mr. Propane Man in the late afternoon, he finally filled the tank.

Miss Charlotte Claire brought 19 baggies of sourdough pretzels for her snack day. Tomorrow is her birthday, so I am sending in juiceboxes and IF I get to those butterfly cut outs....

Camille and I have to go to the store. Would you believe that we have no bread, less than a half gallon of milk, no bananas?

Ashley is taking Suzanne and Sonja shopping after school! They are pretty excited about that. I talked to my Benjamin yesterday. He is such a good kid. He is happy. He is in Afghanistan, it was 93 degrees and humid, and he is happy. He is happy because he knows he has a good life, and a good wife. He gets to talk to Ashley each night at this place he is right now, and that really helps him. He knows she is so good and faithful and that she loves him, so that really helps him. It also helps that besides dealing with heat and going on patrol with 60+ pounds of gear, things have been relatively calm where he is right now.

My college kids are finishing up for the year! Aaron has been hired full time for the summer, to work in the cardiac operating room. But he will have a few weeks of down time before he starts. He is planning an Adirondack hike with Mali...I am looking forward to having Mirielle around more. She will probably start working soon too, but still. They spend so much time studying, it will be nice to have them more freed up and relaxed.

My days will be different though. Camille and I have our own little routine....that's okay though.

Dang, I don't know why I just feel like crawling back into bed right now. I do not want to exercise. I do not want to go to the store. blah. It is really chilly and rainy and breezy....just the kind of day that was made for going back to bed. Or baking cookies. blah.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

yikes, I can not imagine running out of propane. We have all electric.

I posted a blog about my running late story :-)