summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 24, 2012

um really? more cookies?

Cookies. Piles and stacks of cookies. Chocolate chip cookies made with Nestle chocolate chips AND broken up German chocolate bars. Real butter. Dang, they're good. Too good. I had a bit of the dough, but disciplined myself. Then they started baking....and the aroma filled the house, filled my mind. I tried to resist, I really did. I went in and broke a taste off of a broken one. Oh heavenly delicious-ness. I should not have done that. I finally just went in and picked one out, and yes, it was worth every calorie. I decided today that every pound I lose represents saying NO one million times. It is hard to say NO. It is even harder when well-meaning people offer a second time, or a third. Everything in me is saying YES, PLEASE...I do want a cupcake. But. I do have that niggling little voice that does not want to sabotage this weight loss effort. And...after saying NO a million times, I lose a pound!

The cookies are for Benjamin, and one of his buddies who never gets any packages. He will be getting one from us! If anyone does want to send a pillow or anything over to one of the guys, email me at dellamom16@yahoo.com for the address. It is one hundred degrees over there in Afghanistan, and Ben says his gear weighs around sixty pounds. I saw a picture of him on facebook, and he had the boots and the long sleeves...and: he had a gun. A very big scary rifle. Okay, I don't want to be a big baby here, but it didn't set well with me. I know he's in the Army, but.

We had ribs for dinner, barbecued on the grill after they baked in the oven. And yellow squash and zucchini on the grill...Charlotte Claire and Camille did not want to eat theirs, so I told them they could have one strawberry for each slice they ate, so they got five strawberries each.

It is late at night...there are still some kids up. Tomorrow: no school! Aaron has to go to orientation for his new summer job at the hospital. I hope I get to sleep in a little bit.
Cookies cookies cookies, all wrapped up to ship to Afghanistan...



No comments: