summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

wah wah washington

Five of the kids left for Washington, D.C. this morning...Kathryn is so cute in her New York shirt.
Evelyn 12, Sam 16, Emily 27, Margaret 15, and Kathryn 14.
Evelyn thinking it is high time to get moving. These kids assured me not to worry, after all, said Emily, "if we get in a crash and all die, we will go to heaven." Comforting, dear. One of the other girls added that she may as well be nice to me just in case it is the last time we ever see each other.
me this morning after my walk.
Margaret is a nice big sister. She left this not for Charlotte Claire because she won't be here on Friday when Char turns six.
Margaret also left Charlotte Claire this cool mug with a twirly straw, and some pink pearls. It was on Char's bunkbed when she woke up this morning, and her eyes were huge!
Jonathan 2nd grade, Sonja K. 4th grade, and Miss Char, kindergarden





Today is cloudy and gloomy and overcast and warm and lovely. So very cozy in here today. I am staying home until four-ish, then I have to drive to the big city to pick up Mali from nursing school. Abigail has a heart dr. appt. today to check out the palipations she has been having. Abigail has pulminary stenosis, but is not expected to have any surgeries to correct it because she is high functioning. I think it tires her out, and she is by nature easily stressed. I am hoping that everything is okay, and that if there is anything wrong, it is found. Anyway, she usually drives Mali home since she works in the big city, but cannot do so today.

So I am taking Sad Suzanne with me. Just think...Suze is number four in the line of those Five Girls In A Row. Sister #1 - Margaret, and Sister #2 - Kathryn, got to go to Washington. Suze rides to school with all those four that went, on the first trip bus. So this morning she got on that bus all alone. (the three elementary kids go on second trip, an hour later). Suze was looking so sad, I promised to take her Someplace Fun when we go to the big city. I might take Sonja K. with me too. Then Jon will be sad...dang it!

This morning I have swept floors and cleaned things up and folded laundry and put things in the wash and gotten kids out the door and walked Rosie. I still have to exercise, and perhaps make cut-out cookies for Charlotte Claire to bring to school for her class birthday snack. I have butterfly cookie cutters that are calling me! Sometimes I wish the whole world would just stop demanding on me, and let me do things like decorate cut out cookies.

Okay, here are some random things about me: In no particular order, of course.

1. I shave my legs every. single. night.

2. I brush my teeth at least five times a day.

3. My first dentist appointment was when I was 16 years old because we had no dental insurance. I had lots of
cavities fixed, and therefore a complex about taking care of my teeth.

4. I lifted weights in my son Joe's room yesterday, he showed me how to do some things. He is such a good kid, the
other Older Kids say he is my favorite. He IS super respectful and kind to me. But I have no favorites, except
as my mother used to say, which ever one I am with.

5. When Joseph asked me what I want to accomplish with the weights, I said, "I want to get super strong and really
thin." duh.

6. I let Rosie out to run when it gets dark out. She still chases cars, but...for some reason it seems okay.

7. A perfect day for me would be to know with absolute certainty that no one would be dropping in, it would be
raining, and I would have a really good book. And, Camille would be really busy playing dollhouse and Barbies.

8. I like buying new jeans. I got a pair of size 16s yesterday at Kohl's, 80% off of course, and they fit. They
horrible on me and I didn't keep them on, but they zipped and I could breathe. I never ever thought, a year
ago, that I would ever wear jeans again.

9. I really really want to go away for a weekend with Paul. I love my kids. I truly do. But. Mommy and Daddy
need to be Paul and Della, or better yet, Dear and Hon. At least sometimes.

10. I have not forgotten about getting together with you, Martha. I know, I know, enough procrastinating. I had
really funny dream the other night that you came to spend the weekend with us, and my kids would come in the
door and ask, "who's that?"...and I would say, "you KNOW my friend Martha-Who-Lives-Up-By-The-Lake..."

And since I have things to do and can't think of anything else, goodbye for now. When I sit here and write, if my fingers stop moving, it is time for the rest of me to get moving.





























8 comments:

Pamela Wade said...

Della,

I read your blog everyday. I have commented before but not often. I just wanted to say that I have pulmonary stenosis too and so far (I'm 50 now!) haven't had to have anything done with it. I had 8 kids without any problems with my heart. I always worry though so I suppose when one is born with such a thing it's going to be on your mind a lot. Mine has always skipped beats a lot too. They always say it's "benign" though. I have found that taking calcium, magnesium and zinc together has helped with the fluttering around. Maybe it could help Abigail?

I love reading about your diet. About a year ago I lost 30 pounds and can't seem to get the gumption to keep at it and lose more. I need to lose at least another 100. It's so hard and I too love cookies!

~~Pam

Grace said...

You are looking good Ms. Della! Keep up the good work!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

sounds like a productive day....you might not know this about me, but I grew up 20 mins from dc.

Anonymous said...

you look faaaaantastic in that jeans photo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your kids have a great time in Washington. You look slim in your new jeans. I know it must take a lot of willpower to make cookies and treats for your kids and not eat any of them. I wish I could be that way. Keep up the good work your doing great.
Jeanette

16 blessings'mom said...

Pam, thank you for the tip, I will pass it on to Ab to try. Her dr. visit was as I hoped, he thought it was nothing to worry about. Grace, Simone, Jeanette - thank you. Cindy...did you get to visit the museums often while growing up?

Martha said...

My comment yesterday decided not to show. I got an error message instead...

What I said was, I am one day going put "my" little girls in the van and take a drive to see Della.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

we always had field trips to DC the museums are free so it was the perfect place for them to take us. It helped that my mom loved them too, so we went alot. I miss not having them.