summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 27, 2012

sunday, a day of rest....

When one has been gone all day on Saturday, the house somehow doesn't look it's Sunday Best on Sunday morning. We somehow didn't make it to day #2 of the tournament. Mirielle is there with the players, and I feel bad. They lost their only game this morning, Mirielle texted me. But I am not the Energizer Bunny this morning. So I am home.

Is my house all clean yet? ha. I swept and washed the counters. The kids had muffins for breakfast. I made a pot of coffee, and my oatmeal with toasted almonds, blueberries, crunchy peanutbutter, and coconut. And I read the morning paper. (I always read the birth section on Sunday because it fascinates me to read the new baby names. This morning, a girl named Devyn Jane and a boy named Colin Allison.) I love the obituaries too. One man died at 94, he was the oldest child in a family of thirteen kids. Just think to live that long, and live through the deaths of all those siblings. The World War II vets are all passing away, too.

Anyway, my point is this: the house would look a lot more decent right now if I had not lazed out. But hey, lazing out is nice sometimes. It is more nice on a daily basis. Don't ask me how I know this.

But then things start piling up. So one has to balance things just so that that piles don't get too big and wreck the mental aspect of the lazing around.

It is a beautiful day today. I shall not listen to those niggling little thoughts about how I should be organizing things around here, I shall just enjoy it.

My little girls are all dressed up and wanting to have a tea party. They do not get bored. They have already played Store this morning. They leave trails. I have to really work with them to pick up one mess before they begin another...

Emily and Abigail will probably be over for dinner tonight. I have some hot sausage to put on the grill, and some white hot dogs, coneys, or snappy grillers...local hot dogs, nice and spicy. Also some plain hot dogs, which I don't like to buy on a regular basis because blah.

My little girls are hilarious. They are outside singing now, all dressed pretty. Yesterday on the playground at the soccer tournament, some boys were calling Camille, "poopy bum-bums", which was the funniest thing I ever heard when she told me in her pouty little voice.

Yes, I am distracted, and have run out of meaningful things to say. Oh, one more thing. If anyone would like to send anything over to the guys in Benjamin's unit over in Afghanistan, there are a few guys there who haven't gotten any mail at all. If you email me at dellamom16@yahoo.com I will give you his address. It doesn't have to be a package, it can just be a letter. Packages do only cost the domestic rate to ship though, those One-Rate boxes are a bargain, for like 12 or 15 bucks. If you have emailed me and I haven't gotten the address to you yet, I will before Tuesday. If you address it to him and want him to pass it along to someone else, just say so and he will. He shares the stuff we send him, too. He says the guys really appreciate things like protein bars or granola bars, and those individual Kool-aid packs because they drink so much water. And beef jerky. And of course, a pillow.

No comments: