summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 14, 2012

monday after monday...



Miss Charlotte Claire
Evelyn Joy and Davian...same faces!
Emily with Davian
My sweet little Char and I...
Camille and cousin Danielle
Emily, Mali, Margaret with Davian, and Mirielle...
Marg with Davian, Mirielle, Camille, and Jonathan with Kitty Kitten.
Princess Camille finally got a turn!

Charlotte Claire got this new double doll stroller for her birthday.

So...the days and the weeks fly by, quicker and quicker. My children are growing up by leaps and bounds. It already seems like we have all these big people here, and just a few little ones. We were all so thrilled when my sister's daughter Katie came over with her husband and baby Davian (their little girl Grace was already here). Anyway, when they walked in, we all said, "Oh, Davian's here!!!...oh, and Dave and Katie.." Yes, we like the babies. And this little guy is a sweetheart. Holding him is like a little bit of heaven, makes us all want another baby here...he is just plain smoochie.

Today I have an assignment. Well, two, actually. First one: find a hotel for in a few weeks when Paul and I go away for a weekend...we are doing a wine tour kind of thing. Second thing: find a hotel for this Friday night for a night out with the girls! Not my girls, my friends from church. There are five going for sure now, and just between us five, we have 49 kids. Two others who might come have 6 and 7 kids, so 62 kids between seven moms. I don't need to explain how busy our lives have been, or how nice it will be to get away from being Moms for one night and just be friends. Pool, hot tub, breakfast together...

Poor Miss Camille is lonely today. She IS playing with Char's new stroller, but she is lonely. She wants to go somewhere. We are going to the pool this afternoon, but I have laundry to do, and cake to avoid, and hotel reservations to make.

My Benny boy is off on a mission, away from his base. He is guarding a different base while those guys go off and clear villages or whatever it is they do in Afghanistan. He will be gone for ten days, away from communication. Mirielle and I sent him a pillow, but are trying to figure out how to send like 30 more. They can be bought for between a few bucks to five, for cheap decent pillows, but it is like fifteen bucks to ship each one. And we would need someone to make pillowcases...any ideas? I just think that all those guys have to endure over there, the heat and the anxiety and the losses and the fear and the homesickness...at least they should be able to crawl into their cot at night and have a pillow! Ben says about half the guys have one...makes me too sad for the other half!

Well....I have to start in on these reservations...poor me, right?



















































4 comments:

Martha said...

I like your pictures.

Yes, babies are like a little bit of heaven. I soak in the baby feel and sounds as I give my newest "flower" her bottle. She makes these funny squeaky noises when I pull it our for a second. So impatient.

Yes, little ones really do grow up. Where have my own little ones gone and who are these big people who descend upon my house on special days? Every so often, one of my little ones peeks out at me through the eyes of someone bigger. :)

Mum said...

Awe Camille is doing an excellent job holding that precious little guy. Just wanted to send you a big hug and that your Ben will be in our prayers. That cake looks so yummy too, what a wonderful way to have a birthday.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Happy birthday Char. Seems like she had an awesome day!

Prayers that Ben stays safe.

Mrs Marcos said...

If pillows were sent to you would it be more cost effective to ship them all at once? I'd be willing to send some pillows and pillow cases. I could mail them directly over if that would work better but I'd need a "shipping overseas tutorial" because I've never done that before!