summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 6, 2012

once upon a time

Once up on a time there was a crazy mom...she had just had a new baby. A beautiful little baby girl, Sonja Kathleen. Sonja was the fifth girl born in five years, and the thirteenth child born to the crazy mom. The nine older children were Emily Anne 17, Abigail Marie 15, Benjamin Paul 13, Mirielle Joy 12, Joseph Michael 11, Aaron Royce 9, Mali Rose 8, Samuel James 6, Margaret Cheryl 5...these were the School Kids. Mom was home with Kathryn Grace 4, Evelyn Joy 2 and a half, Suzanne Eleanor 14 months, and little Sonja Kathleen.

No wonder I am crazy. Emily, my oldest, was in eleventh grade, which is a really busy year. She helped me, but she also liked to read books and do homework. And so on...

But there it is. I still had four more babies after Miss Sonja K. Robert William was stillborn the following year, when Sonja was one year old. Then I had Jonathan Robert, and the two princesses, Charlotte Claire and Camille.

And, I am thinking that it the end of the Babies Story. I am getting old, and losing hope of having another. Not in a desperately sad way, but in a resigned sort of way. I still long for a newborn when I hear one crying, and when I hold one of the twins, especially when I got Sebastian to fall asleep in my arms...I still wish...but. I am okay with it. (but if anyone has a baby they don't want, I will take it.)



2 comments:

ccc said...

feeling the same way as you on this, and wishing I had appreciated it more beforehand. Not that I did not appreciate it, but, sometimes in the throes of the chaos the appreciation got kind of lost sometimes....

16 blessings'mom said...

ha, "the throes of chaos". That should be the title of my book! The book that I will never actually write, the one I will just collect titles for...but yes, the appreciation still gets lost sometimes.