summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

went on the treadmill, where's my million dollars?

Out the door I went this morning...letting Rosie-The-Bad dog out for a few unattended minutes before I had to leave and put her in her cage. She is a very naughty girl when she knows she is alone in the house, bathroom garbage becomes Rosie Snacks, and the stuff she likes in the kitchen garbage is always under the coffee grounds. She has no idea how to sneak without leaving a trail. But she KNOWS better, I just have to look at her sternly when she has been A Bad Dog, and she cowers, says she is sorry. Anyway, out the door, and RATS, the septic tank pumping guy comes down the road! Rosie had a barking fest! I corralled her and put her into her cage. I had to go out and talk to the guy, move the van, and get Joseph up to pay him and answer any questions...and dang it, I was late.

To Mali's appointment, then to Kohl's to look around. Mali got a few tops, and I got the little girls some new rainboots. They have both grown out of the Froggy Boots, wah. Then to BJ's to get my blueberries. And a cartful of other stuff, like sunflower seeds for Ben and some snacks for the five kids' D.C. trip.

Home. Home again, I like to be here when I can. Pink Floyd, anyone? Groceries in, and dang, I still need to exercise. The Evil Treadmill was calling me. I tried to tell it to shut up, after all, Aaron had put some coffee on. There were brownies on the counter, freshly baked with chocolate frosting. Mirielle, thanks a lot!!! I resisted. Anyway, Aaron and Mirielle and Mali and Samuel and Margaret were sitting at the table talking about Facebook Police and solving the world's problems...but that treadmill was calling. I heeded. I hated. I suffered. I endured. Twenty minutes on there is like an eternity to me. But I feel so much better. I had my coffee, and a yogurt, and some veggie sticks. Now it is the Dreaded Dinner time, but at least I know what I am making...chicken parmesan.

After it goes into the oven, I shall go lift some weights.

I have plans to make cut out cookies for Charlotte's class for her birthday. I shall chew mint gum or put tape over my mouth while I bake them.

So today is slipping by quickly, Paul will be home from work soon. I have things to do and kids to talk to. But I wanted to take a few minutes to sit here and relax (this is how I relax) and document that the treadmill won! Yay! This is one area where I am pleased to say that I am not procrastinating about anymore! I love feeling this push, this motivation to do things right! I love being able to say NO, even though my own self is begging for a brownie! I know it will ebb and wane, this motivation, but today I am thankful for it's strength.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great with the exercise and with losing weight. I know you must get lots of exercise in your busy every day life along with the treadmill. Your life sounds so busy but so wonderful and I love to read about whats going on with you and your family.
Jeanette

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I just left you a long comment and it disappeared :-(

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I have no motivation today. I had to take my 7 year old to the doctor to get checked for strep, the to drop her off at school (no strep) and then I came home and cleaned the carpets in the livingroom. My three year old is having a meltdown because his Mom doesn't know how to tranform his Optimus Prime and he is laying on the floor crying for his Dad. This has been going on for 30 minutes now. I need to get on my treadmill but I already took a shower because I had to take ms. K to the doctor, and I have to take Kamden to his OT appt at 1. I don't want to have to shower again. trying to decide what to do.

I have a story about running late to share with you that I think you will enjoy, but right now I am going to get a cup of coffee and decide if I am going to clean the carpets on the stairs or not. Yay.

OK, I hit the back button and my comment is still here, yay!