summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 20, 2012

monday, slow down!

Little princesses tired out from camping...

Camping is fun. Being outside, being away from computers and iPods, even phones, which don't work in the Adirondacks...being together. Cooking over the fire...(the baked potatoes were SO good, thanks to Emily). But being home and just walking down the hall to the bathroom instead of hoofing it all the way down the road - not bad. And my comfy chair, I didn't miss it, but I am glad to see it again.

I actually like the walking associated with Going Camping. I used to hate it. Now I don't mind at all. One day we went for a walk/run with Suri and the four youngest kids. I weighed in when I got home - not terrible, no gain, but no loss. It sort of kills me because if I had not eaten the candy, I would have lost, with all the exercise I did. We ate really healthy meals, like chicken breast, pre-grilled and heated in olive oil, with brown rice....and taco salad. Hot dogs on the last night, with green beans and baked potatoes. The kids liked grilling them on sticks. But we had snacks. Chips. I only had one. One single chip. Two cookies. But I had Good And Plenty, the candy coated black licorices. And Nerds, which I didn't even know I liked. I had a s'more one night, then a roasted marshmallow. I felt really blah, then realized it could have been much worse. And, It Is What It Is, whatever that means. Over and done, and it was fun.

I just got a call from a friend...a babysitting job offer when school starts, two days a week for a toddler and a little princess older sister...very adorable children. I said I would think about it, but guess what? I think I will.

Miss Margaret is ready for our trip to Target...another busy day, Suri has to go to the vet this afternoon for another shot, and we need groceries. Off I go....

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm jealous--I wish I lived close enough for you to babysit my 2 kids! :) Jen