summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 12, 2012

we're going camping!!!

Rain, rain, go away...we're taking our chances! And bringing rain boots. And tarps. And some umbrellas. Yay, I am glad we are going.

Today can't make up it's mind, weather-wise. Rain, then sun, then rain. Bedding hanging out to dry, got rained on, in the dryer now.

I spent a few hours in the pool again today, poor me! It sprinkled a bit, but I was already wet so I didn't mind.

I have been battling some interesting things the last few days. Ironically, Benjamin has been my inspiration to take things right. I feel at the end of my rope, more impatient than ever, and really weak...unable to bear anything. Just the little trials of life...sometimes they feel heavy. Then thoughts come. I feel a bit sorry for poor me. I cannot do anything right. But like I said, lately Ben has been my inspiration. If he can hold out and not lose hope in his difficult and heartbreaking trial, I can be a big girl and not give in to my whiny feelings which want me to go cry somewhere. Not that it's wrong to go cry somewhere, shh, I cried in the pool today, all by myself, then splashed water on my face. Nothing specific is wrong, just sometimes...wah. Life is too much. I don't really believe that though, I KNOW that God plans all things for my best. I just have to fight my way through thoughts sometimes.

It is pouring out and it is SO cozy in our living room. Abigail brought over peanutbutter cookie dough and baked up some cookies. I tasted one bite of Camille's. Dang, she makes good cookies. She rolls them in sugar before she bakes them. I can't get out of here, away from them. But I am not having one. Absolutely not. I had some dessert at a church lunch today, angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. So I have already cheated today.

Well, Suri just squatted and peed on the floor, so off I go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great camping trip. Your weight loss pictures are great. I can tell you have lost so much weight by how big that skirt is on you now. Way to go.
Jeanette