summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 11, 2012

weight loss picture

Yes, I used to wear this skirt. When it started getting baggy on me, I didn't know what to do, I wore it so much....


I haven't lost much lately. But. I am not gaining! I keep deciding to keep going. It isn't just a one time thing, Yes I Am Going To Lose Weight. No, I have to give myself pep talks. Because part of me is sick and tired of being careful, of saying NO THANK YOU. (and RRR when I say that and hear, Oh, just a little, or It's Just A Small Piece...)Anyway...I have decided to stay the course, to try harder, to get this thing moving again. I bought this tankini bathing suit top, and when I was searching through my dresser for some bottoms to wear with it, I found this skirt, tried it on...and decided to re-encourage myself...seriously, if I can do this ANYONE can. Because I am the Queen of Loving Food.

I had a large ice cream cone today. But my breakfast was only a few small handfuls of almonds and raisins with some coffee. Lunch was watermelon, a whole tomato, a whole green pepper (loving the garden!), with some bacon bits and a little bit of chicken breast. Dinner: a hot dog with no bun, some chicken breast, lots of green beans. Not a terribly bad day...then Sonja came home from her day with Grace carrying a bag of Snyder's Buffalo Chicken Wing pretzels. Oh, dang. I am having tea and a piece of apple pie flavored gum instead.

Today I spent almost two hours in the pool after taking a nice long walk. Yes, I know, I have a good life. Even better - five or six kids swam with me.

Paul brought home a watermelon grown by some local Mennonite farmers. I will never enjoy another grocery store melon again. It was totally awesome.

We are watching the Olympics, relaxing, planning our camping trip....











7 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Wow, your weight loss so far is incredible! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Your looking great and so much YOUNGER!! Congrats on your weight loss! Cheers Sue

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

so proud of you! I wish that I had your motivation. I have seen a nutritionist even and teh weight is just not coming off. I need to start logging calories again to see what else I can do! I go to the gym and work out 3 to 4 days a week. As soon as I eat I am going again. You are doing amazing!

Robin said...

Congrats! That is awesome--you look great!!

maureen said...

You are doing wonderfully! I always notice in your photos how think your face has become, but now with the picture of the skirt it is even more dramatic!

Great job! You are truly an inspiration!

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you. Some days I forget where I came from, and just see what still needs to be done, so I decided to give myself a little motivation, a little encouragement. I still have a ways to go, and it is slow going this summer....

Tereza said...

I do excited for you!!! That is amazing weightloss!