summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 8, 2013

evening post...

Tomorrow will prob be too busy to write...I am taking Paul to the airport at 4:30 am. Then working at the baseball game concession stand in the afternoon. We sell deep-fried chicken tenders, chicken sandwiches, fries, fried dough. Beer. Soda. Candy, nuts. All the healthy stuff. We do it as a volunteer job for church, and it is kind of fun. My knees ache by the time the game is over, standing on a concrete floor does that to me.

Our new swimming pool is still sitting there in the boxes in the driveway, 486 pounds of pool, not including the liner which shipped separately. Our old dead pool is still standing in the backyard waiting to be disassembled. Hopefully we can get moving on taking it down, then begin the daunting process of putting up the new one.

Paul grilled burgers for dinner, and made a salad. I made three pepperoni pizzas. Dessert: a fireball for me. I LOVE them. I was tempted to eat some caramel creams, but decided to resist. I need to get that strong resistance back, the stuff I could have bottled and sold for a million bucks, way back when I first began this new lifestyle change. I realize that I have to stick to my guns, be strict with myself, say NO even when everyone else is saying yes.

So I will be all by my lonesome in the parenting department for the week. In a way I hate when Paul leaves, but in a way I like it. I like leaving the light on and reading until I fall asleep. I like hogging the whole bed, yet I miss that he's not there. I like feeling like we can just eat pancakes for dinner, but guess what, I don't eat pancakes anymore.

Anyway. He has to go pack, and I have to go to bed early so I can get up at four to drive him.

Right now there are lots of kids up and about, eight in the living room right now. It is too busy to write. Jonathan is asking what "local" means. Is McDonald's "local"?, he is asking. I cannot write when it is busy in here. So bye for now....

No comments: