summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

priorities.....

Now life is busy. There are things to be done. We don't have time to stop and smell the roses. To do so when there are things to be done would be irresponsible!

Anyway. This morning Miss Suri pooped in the living room again. Three lovely piles. (Isn't "pile" a disgusting word? It certainly describes a small mountain of doggy poo perfectly, thought doesn't it?) Anyway. The piles were little islands in the lake of pee she did. Sopping up the pee, cleaning up the islands, which I covered in, "Love My Carpet" first. Baby powder works well too. blah. Sorry, is this too much info? Well, I finished up this very unwelcome task, all the while giving Miss Suri looks that kill, while she avoided eye-contact and shifted her head around on her paws. She KNOWS not to do this in the house. I think her tummy has been upset for a few days, or perhaps she isn't ready to transition from puppy chow yet. Anyway. I get finished, and decide to check under one of the toy bins, and yup, there is another pile. Under the bin. How in the heck? Now, I know it is futile to try to find out Who Put The Waffleblocks On The Dog Poop, it is like trying to find out Who Opened The Cookies or Who Left Their Socks On The Couch. NO ONE DID. so I won't even ask. I just cleaned it up. It took like 25 minutes to get it all clean....so much for my babies growing up and not having messes anymore.

This birthday kitten of Suri's? He is wonderful. I call him, "Scoop" because I scoop him up off the floor like fifty times a day. He is irresistable. He purrs each and every single time I scoop him up. He is sitting with me right now, purring and purring. He is cuddly, and hilarious. He is definitely a people-kitty. He thinks Suri is his mother, which is really wierd. He actually tries to nurse from her. He totally latches on, I disconnect him and send him scooting on his way when I catch him, but Suri doesn't care at all.

So the college kids are done and have been here during the day, totally messing up my alone-ness. I don't mind, but I find it hard to write when there is talking and coffee brewing and comings-and-goings.

Mirielle accompanied me to the pool this morning. Our swim was cut short by the announcement that there would be a fire drill at ten o'clock. I had to make sure I showered and got dressed before then...I couldn't just go out in my suit and towel, my kids go to school there!

Anyway. I came home and tried the latest coffee: coconut. Not bad at all. I also toasted some unsweetened coconut with some sliced almonds, to go on my oats and peanutbutter. Super-yummy.

I have to pick Samuel up from P.T. today. He is in the Army now, and has to work out with the Sgt. and other young kids who have signed up but not gone to boot camp yet, each and every Wednesday. Sam has his driving permit, but not his license yet. So to the small city I will go. My sis-in-law also has to go to the small city today, so we are planning to go together and stop at the thrift store for Half-Price Wednesday. She also has some coupons:)

Part of our new swimming pool arrived today in two boxes. Oh yay. Our dead one is being drained. Last night I watered some melons and squash with the water we are pumping out of it. When it is empty, we will just take it down and put the new one up. Sounds easy! But. Our older kids signed up to work out at the church on Saturday, or at the baseball game Saturday afternoon. Paul and I can't do it by ourselves! Plus he has to be at the airport by like five a.m. on Sunday, he is going to Louisiana for a week for work. Plus, it is supposed to rain on Friday and Saturday. I am thinking our pool won't be going up so quickly.....

Did I mention that Suzanne found a money-clip full of money in the Price-Chopper parking lot the other day? She asked what we should do with it, and we all agreed to bring it in to the service desk in the store immediately....after we did that, we all had lots of ideas of what we could have spent it on, but thought we did the right thing. I called the store later, and sure enough, a man called in and claimed it. We did the right thing, and it was a good example for the girls. Keeping something like that would not result in ME sleeping at night.

I didn't do my usual housework this morning because of the doggy-doo clean-up party I attended in the east end of the living room, so I have things to do this fine morn. I have no idea what is for dinner, although I can tell you what we had last night: I marinated some thinly sliced boneless pork in lemon pepper, added some Montreal steak seasoning, grilled it up outide....steamed peas...and a pot of Kraft mac&cheese. I had like a tablespoon, and it was yum. I don't even consider it food, seriously. But it was on special, three boxes for 99cents. Evelyn cooked those three boxes and the kids really really liked it. The three youngest kids came in from their rollerskating outing at the park with Emily, and the pot was empty. They had bagels, peas, and the pork chops for dinner:)

I always count the kids and figure out where they all are. Sometimes there are ten kids at the dinner table like last night, and I had to figure out where the other six were. (Emily: park. Abigail: her house. Ben: WA in the Army. Jonathan: park with Em. Char: park with Em. Camille: park with Em.)

And sometimes, when dinner is all finished, someone will appear and demand, "Why didn't anyone tell ME we were having dinner?!!"

oops.

So...there are things to do around here and they aren't going to get done with me sitting here in the comfy chair with Scoop.






















6 comments:

Martha said...

I think Scoop is a purrrrfectly wonderful name for a cat, and I like your attitude on "the doggy-doo clean-up party". Although I know it wasn't enjoyable, you at least can find a teeny, tiny bit of humor in the whole thing which is a whole lot better than cursing, swearing, and kicking the poor animal (or one of the kids), or even throwing Waffle Blocks around the living room.

You deserve a gold star today!

Tereza said...

Love the kitties name:) and eeeewww about the poop party! Why did you have to tell me this just as we're about to get a dog!!!!!:)

16 blessings'mom said...

Don't think for one minute that I wasn't tempted! Suri is pretty good at looking so innocently guilty, one cannot be mad at her. For too long, anyway. One thing that I seriously work hard on is getting free from giving in to anger:) Although believe me, I did picture myself pitching those WaffleBlocks off the deck!

mommeeof10 said...

I like waffle blocks more than the kids do. I have a few of the big ones left, the ones that were made in the mid 1980's. They were a gift from my mom, as my younger siblings did not put them away one too many times.

The Moxley Family said...

I love your blog. I check every other day or so and just love to read your posts. :) You're much better than I because Suri would've been kicked out of the house for the rest of the day.

http://themoxleyfamily.blogspot.com/

16 blessings'mom said...

Sierra, you wouldn't have kicked Suri out if you had seen her little face. I didn't pet her or anything for a while, and she would wag her tail hopefully and look at me, then put her head on her paws and sigh and look sorry. When I finally told her she was a good girl and patted her head, she was so happy. I know she doesn't understand forgiveness though:)