summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 28, 2013

in which my daughter saves a life....

Mali Rose came upon an accident yesterday, or rather was right behind one. The car in front of her was smashed into by a truck that took off immediately following the crash. The car rolled over and a boy was ejected. Mali saw the whole thing. She stopped and went to the boy, who was lying in a field. He wasn't breathing. Mali has had one year of nursing school, so she did CPR. She saved this boy's life. We hope. He had a head injury...she tried to hold tissues on his head to stop it....she left when the ambulance got there, so we don't know how he is, but I like to think she saved him.

She called the police when she got home to make sure they got a description of the vehicle that left the scene of the accident.

She was covered in blood, and she was sort of in shock.

I told her she was certainly at the right place at the right time. If that boy had been not breathing until the ambulance got there, he would have fared much worse.

And that's all I have time for this morning. I just got back from the pool, and have to wake Jonathan and take the truck for oil change and inspection....Jonathan and I will have breakfast at the diner while we wait. Then off we go to pick up a bike for Charlotte Claire, from craigslist.

This afternoon Paul and I are working at the baseball game.

Never a dull one...thankfully!:)

2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Oh my. So sorry she had to witness that accident, but she did the right thing. I hope they catch the (insert bad word) who caused the accident and I hope the victims are ok.

mommeeof10 said...

I don't deal with blood well. However, I may take the first aid course required by girl scouts, so the next time we are camping with the troop, we have more than 1 first aider. Leaders have to get many certifications, but need to have at least one other person who has training with them. SO if I was camping certified, the leader could be the first aid person and vise versa. We also have to take 2 vehicles, even if we will all fit in one, so the first aid person can take an ill or injured child for treatment and still leave a vehicle for the rest of the troop.