summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 6, 2013

rainy cozy morning....

Today is my favorite kind of day. Rainy. Cloudy. Chilly. Dark. I just want to go get in bed with a book. But. I am going to be good and go to the pool.

Last night after the little kids were all tucked into bed, Aaron and Joseph proposed we open one of the bottles of wine we brought back from our little weekend away. Neither Mirielle nor Mali care for wine, but sat here talking with us, along with Evelyn and Samuel. We ended up eating some chocolate too. Midnight is too late to head off to bed when one has to get up at 6:30 to get kids off to school. I was in the middle of good dreams this morning! Every time I closed my eyes again, I was dreaming again. Dang it was hard to get up. Even after I left my cozy bed and was in the bathroom, I was thinking that perhaps all the kids could skip school and I could get back in bed.

Times like those, those spontaneous good times with the kids: totally worth being tired the next day.

Twitter: I am not on it. My kids tweet things all the time. One of the things they tweet is, "sh$t Mom says", and I know when I say something stupid and one of them will grab their phone with a smirk on their face...one of the other things is, "first world probs", which is as thought-provoking as it is funny. Having to get a new pool is a prime example. "we don't have any bacon", "my pictures take too long to load", and "there are no good movies out" are pretty big problems too.

Yeah, so it is time to get out the door to the pool....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) the tweets made me giggle