summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 17, 2013

too much time on my hands...ha

Now, I have no job. I talked about working at the school, even considered working part time at Dunkin Donuts or something, just for the social aspect of it. But I didn't. And guess what? I haven't been bored or lonely...and I haven't even come close to running out of things to do. This morning, for example, has been busy. I got the kids off to their half day of school,put in a load of towels, cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned up the pee that Suri did right near where the kids play dollhouse...the dollhouse stuff was out, of course, but only two people and one of their couches went swimming, I went to the pool, picked Margaret up from her state test. Now I am eating my breakfast and having coffee, quickly, because I am picking the kids up in half an hour. We'll be home for about an hour, just enough time to give them lunch, and then off I go to the small city for dentist appointments for three of us. I will stop at a grocery store to stock up on fruits and veggies, and we are running low on milk, again.

Then home to make dinner.

I am not complaining. When someone asks me if I work, I just say, "No."

On the way to the pool this morning, I was thinking about being so busy all the time. I thought, "I need a break. I hate being so busy. I can't take it any more." Then I remembered one of my worst fears, which is that I will have a debilitating stroke some day and end up in a wheelchair, unable to do anything and being a burden on my family. Not that I have thought this out or been worried about it.... but when I think about that, I am thankful to be able to get in the van and run here and there. Thankful that I CAN come home and make dinner.

Even with big thoughts of thankfulness, I will still find those little grumbles. Oh, they are there. rrr. But I will fight with all my heart to stay in thankfulness. The grass is always greener, and instead of longing for a day with not much going on, I will work to be happy, come what may.



2 comments:

Урнаа said...

People just don't value work of a housewife. Love reading your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Yes you work, just not in the paid workforce ...And I agree, we need to be able to remember to be thankful for the dishes because it means that we have a family and food ;)