summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 17, 2014

and....his last day here....

So I made him some cookies. I asked him what dessert he wants for tonight, he decided just plain old chocolate chip cookies. I don't know why I wasn't thinking more clearly, I accidentally ate too much cookie dough. The dough is way better than the cookies.

So Samuel is leaving tomorrow, in the morning. I have cried three times today, oh I am a big baby of a mama. He has packed up his room, so Margaret can move in. I would rather leave it, so he still had a room to come home to, on leave, but. It isn't practical. Besides, he no sooner signed up for the Army, than the fighting for that room began. Having a room all to oneself is pretty special. Margaret shares with Mirielle and Evelyn now, and they are already planning for the extra space when she moves out.

Anyway. Emily and Evelyn are back from Jamaica....they brought me....
I opened the seasoning and put some on some chicken breast, to marinate for dinner. I think we are having taco salad, and some chicken. They had fun in Jamaica, by the way. They relaxed and relaxed some more. They didn't get sunburned, used plenty of sunscreen, and didn't really lie in the sun. They swam and relaxed in the shade.

Tomorrow I am not even driving Sam to the recruiting office. Joseph is. I already promised the girls I would take them to see the original, "Wizard Of Oz", which is playing in 3D. It only plays twice this week, while they are on winter break from school, and the second time is on Wednesday, which is when Sam is getting officially sworn in, and we say goodbye before he actually flies to Georgia for Basic training.

The girls are excited about going to the movies. Jon too, and a few of the older girls. Then to the store to get paint for a few of their rooms. I think the long winter is getting long, and they need to do something like that. I feel a little stir-crazy too.

Lots of the kids are piling into the kitchen for lunch. They are making frozen chicken bites and boxed mac and cheese...I told them the cookies are off limits until after dinner, we'll see.

This afternoon my thoughts and prayers are with our friend who was just recently re-diagnosed with cancer, as he is having a big test today. He won't find out the results immediately, but the test itself is rather invasive and uncomfortable, so I keep praying for him, and his family today. The whole thing really does make my trials feel trivial.

Kathryn is playing her guitar and singing, Char and Camille are writing sentences on the refrigerator, one says, "If Mom was pritty I would love mum." Okay.

Last evening something funny happened. We went out to church for a little gathering, then on the way home, Sonja asked me if I had my phone. No I did not, as SONJA had it. She said she didn't have it anymore, and we couldn't find it in the car...so we went back. There, in the parking lot, in a tire track, was my phone. It had frozen tiretracks on it. We had definitely run it over. And it still worked. It was only 12 degrees out, so it was too cold to get wet, but I can't believe it wasn't crushed. Sam says I should tell the company. (Samsung Galaxy 3).

First World Probs, eh? Lost my phone!

Well, lots of things going on here....





3 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

I just want to let you know that Sam is in my prayers, as is Benjamin! Maybe they could end up in the same place?

I don't know how much prayers will help in Basic Training, but HEY! Maybe the DI won't yell at him too much! (so much?) LOL

Please let him know we're praying!

Kathy

16 blessings'mom said...

Kathy, I told Sam you are in his prayers, and he really appreciated it. Thank you!

Della

baristamom said...

That coffee from Jamaica....it is hands down the best coffee ever! Enjoy!! And wish I could give you a hug, I can't imagine sending one of my boys off to the big bad military. You are so brave!