Okay, okay, I already know that. I do. But it's winter, and my walks have gone to "H", which stands for, "heck", of course. It's too cold to go to the pool, and I'm always hungry. So you see the problem here, right? Yup, it's mental. I WANT to succeed, but I have this little mental battle to fight, day in day out.
Now just for the record, I haven't gone off the deep end and started eating bread again. No sandwiches for me. No toast. No bagels. No white 'tatoes. Even brown rice, just a spoonful. But. The little things here and there, oh they kill me. My metabolism is different than it was a few years ago, so now just a little ice cream causes the scale to jump up. I cannot cheat, at this point. My knee has been extremely painful lately, making walking difficult, and exercising not much easier. The pool really is the answer, but today...the roads are terrible and it is snowing again. Excuse? Hard to say. Oh, I so feel like giving up, but I can't.
I will list all my trip-ups....
1. Chocolate. Dark chocolate...they say it's healthy, but that's only if you have that little thing I like to call Self-Control. Because ten squares of anything is gonna make one fatter.
2. Peanut M&M's. There are peanuts in them, they are healthy! ha. Ever do the peanut M&M math? 9 calories each....multiply that by one hundred, and wow.
3. Chocolate chips. We always have the three pound bag of Nestle in the baking cupboard. A small handful makes any diet yogurt yum.
4. Popcorn. With butter. I have tried reasoning, I have tried limiting, I have tired taping my mouth closed, but somehow, popcorn still gets in there.
5. Whipped cream. Oh heavenly coffee, whipped cream makes everything better. I have stopped buying it.
6. Snyder's Hot Buffalo Wing pretzel bites. What?! You've never had them? Good for you! Because they are too good.
7. Anything pumpkin. Muffins, cookies, pies....I do not want them in my house. I will eat them all just to get rid of them.
8. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Big spoonfuls, small spoonfuls...once I start....dang.
9. Oatmeal cookies. I love them to death. Fresh baked and chewy, with chocolate chips or raisins...just too good.
10. Reese's peanut butter cups. Even typing their name gives me the drools. I love them, love them, love them. The miniature ones are the best, with that thick chocolate...unfortunately, the 50 ounce bags of the Hershey candy...with the peanut butter cups and Kisses and Krackel bars, and Mr. Goodbar, and Special Darks....they were $3.99. After Christmas clearance. Would you believe me if I told you we went through like ten bags since Christmas? Yeah, I helped. The bad thing is....I really limited myself. I think I could almost live on chocolate....
Of course there are infinite things that TEMPT me, but I don't eat them anymore. I of course like donuts, wait I LOVE donuts. But I don't eat them. I love pizza, but don't eat it. I love mac n'cheese, and pasta and grilled cheese sammies, but no more.
I basically eat meat and veggies, eggs and fruits, almonds and occasionally peanuts. But. The honest truth is that there are still many things that trip me up. I know I can live without them, and I will. I know I can move more and cut these bad things out again. I will.
Just writing this has encouraged me, again. Sorry if it seems like the same old same old, but this fight will never be over for me.
And some people don't eat when they are anxious about things. Isn't that No Fair?
Anyway, we won't get into the No Fair stuff.
Today, the kids all went to school, except for the homeschoolers, of course. I went out with the two little girls, and the two puppies, and shoveled the driveway. We got quite a bit of snow last night, and more is coming down now.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life, as my mother used to say.