summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 30, 2015

happy birthday, to jon!

They are playing store. If I don't catch them quickly in the morning, they get involved in these things, and it's so hard for me to tear them away to do schooling. So this fine birthday morning, while the aroma of Jon's favorite cookies wafts through the house..


So they are playing store, using two toy shopping carts, and now they've made a whole pile of fake money. They have raided the cupboards, and Jon got out a stack of video games to "buy", he says they are all half off today. The cashiers are having a snack break now though...

I have been avoiding baking cookies. Because I am The Cookie Monster. And these oatmeal cookies are almost to die for. They are made with butter and a little bit of coconut oil, and then all the other evil things like white flour and sugars. I haven't had one and don't plan to, but I never forget a cookie, and I know if I were to bite into one, I wouldn't be disappointed with the chewy consistency...oh yummers. But I have decided to stay on the straight and narrow, and since I'm not the moderation kind of girl when it comes to cookies, I just won't have any. One cookie will just fuel the fire.

Anyway. I made only a single batch, no doubling or tripling. Did I mention how yummy they smell?

Birthday cookies and milk for breakfast! Because...why not?

The weather here in the northeast is finally cracking...letting in some spring warmth. The sun is shining, and today will be in the sixties. We were outside yesterday, then went to the pool. Not too shabby.

We ARE going to do some school today. After cookie break. They know it's nice out, so they will get their stuff done so they can run around in their barefeet and soak up the sun.

Writing this between taking trays of cookies out of the oven and cleaning up two milk spills...I can't concentrate. Not to mention the excited kids here...so goodbye for now.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

We used to have birthday cake for breakfast when my girls were small. Isn't that what should happen:-) after Thanksgiving we had pumpkin pie for breakfast complete with whipped cream.....yummers........all the food groups!

Marilyn from Canad