summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

raiding the piggy bank....

Today is a BIG day for Camille! She is buying herself a new bike! She is growing up, and her little bike is too small. She goes on bike rides, and her little legs pedal those pedals around and around, and she doesn't get very far. So she is raiding her little piggy bank. We have been looking online, but she wants to try one in the store, to make sure a 20-inch bike isn't actually too big. She is as excited as can be, and it's contagious.

Yesterday, I went bye-bye with just Evelyn and Sonja. We had the unenviable task of picking out birthday gifts for Paul, who turns 53 tomorrow. We found him a few things, but not what I was looking for. He is a hard one! He doesn't care about labels or style, just keeps clean. Wrinkles don't bother him much either, come to think of it. I was going to say, "neat and clean", but decided just on the clean part.

Evelyn and Sonja wanted to go to Moe's. They talked me into it.

Fast forward to today...I took Margaret, Kathryn, Suzanne, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and cousin Eileen out and about...we picked up Margaret's glasses...
Miss Char would like glasses.


Cam would like glasses.

We shopped in the mall just a little...after spending 80 something dollars in Old Navy, I was done. eeks. Margaret got a sweater for a dollar ninety seven. I got the little girls flip-flops, and skirts and tops for springtime. I bought jammies for Anya...Emily is leaving tomorrow to fly out to Washington state to visit her brother Benjamin, and Ashley and baby Anya. She is bringing the jammies for me.

We went to Walmart after the mall, to choose the bike. Oh she was smitten. I wish I had gotten a picture of her trying it out in the store.

Tomorrow morning, I have to bring a few kids to the dentist, then hurry home to meet up with Emily, so I can drive her to the airport. It's Paul's birthday, so we are having a nice dinner.

Then Friday: roadtrip!!! We are going to Washington D.C.!

What a nice evening we had tonight! Emily came for a visit, then Abigail. Two cousins are here for the night, so there are plenty of giggling girls here. I am a lucky woman.

My computer is dying and I don't feel like going to get the cord...so goodnight!

No comments: