summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 5, 2015

happy easter!!!

Now, I wish I had a family picture from today, of all sixteen kids in their bonnets and Sunday best.

Anyhoo, our day is lovely, so far. I got up early to sweep and mop. We had brunch...hashbrowns, sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cantaloupe, and orange juice. I didn't eat all of that of course, I am saving my calories for later, when we eat the homemade carrot cake that Camille and I made yesterday. Camille has big plans for how we frost it...

We are having a big dinner later, so I can't sit around for long. I have apples to peel, I will add them to some natural applesauce with some cinnamon. Potatoes have to be peeled too, and there is that cake to make frosting for...

My phone is being bad, it won't charge. I wanted to take pictures of all the baskets, of the snow falling outside, of Camille in her blankie on the couch watching, "The Goonies", with four of her sisters.

I have been practicing Being Thankful today. I read this thing on facebook about a lady who found out in February that she had terminal cancer, so she wrote up her own obituary. She said that she was born, she blinked, and if someone was reading this, she had died. That fast. She said to remember to smile.

I thought about her this morning, when I was tempted to complain about the muddy floors, about the dogs on the couch, about the pairs of socks in the shoe area, and about the abundance of arts and craft supplies scattered about. There certainly is now end of things that bother me around here, but life is SO short. So today, I will be thankful.

1 comment:

Kathyb1960 said...

If your phone won't charge, it could be the charger! That happened to me several times w/ my IPhone...the cord wears out I guess, but I went to W/M and got one they had, and it worked great! So don't give up on your phone! Those chargers you get at the phone store aren't all that great!