summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

babies and kids and shopping...


Shopping at the big mall in the big city with this girl...Sonja K. She's a sunshine, always game for a selfie with Mom.


with Suzanne and the princesses, and Sonja K.


Cam and Char...


Sonja with Camille.


Char, Sonja K., and Kathryn at Mali's apartment.


Miss Mali...she's due in 8 weeks. I went with her to her sonogram today. I found myself holding my breath as the technician ran the wand over her belly. The volume was turned down, and when I didn't hear the heartbeat right away, I was...nervous. Then she turned it up, it thump-thumped, and I could see that baby girl moving around on the screen. She has chubby cheeks and lots of hair. I was pretty much almost crying with joy, it's quite a feeling to be in love with a grandchild who isn't even born yet.

And we went to the mall...oh, the dreaded mall. I was outvoted, I suggested we go to the "far away Target", but these daughters of mine are no longer little kids who think a far away Target is somehow more magical, they wanted to go to the mall. So, I took them. I suppose I must have let it show how much I wasn't loving it, one of the girls said we didn't have to do this if I didn't want to...so I decided that I had better change my attitude. After all, we know that it isn't doing what one likes that makes one happy, it's liking what one does. Life is short and all that, so I decided to enjoy my girls and just be happy.

I let the little girls get new bathing suits for $8 in Old Navy. I couldn't have made them happier. The other girls got a few nice things, then we headed to the food court, because of course, they were STARVING. I didn't remind them that they don't know what starving actually is.

I abstained from foodcourt food except for three pieces of sesame chicken, taken from three different children's plates. I opted for a blonde roast coffee from Starbucks instead, remembering that I had had a good breakfast, and then a few cashews. (I ate some sweet sausage and a nice big salad when we got home)

The little girls are being silly, and need attention...










1 comment:

Susan said...

"After all, we know that it isn't doing what one likes that makes one happy, it's liking what one does."

That is such a wonderful philosophy.
Mali is completely beautiful!