Free donuts? Yes! Okay, I do not eat donuts anymore. But I will let my kids get one today. We are going on a field trip to the library, and will stop for free donuts.
I am feeling random today, so here goes...in no particular order:
1. I ordered a brand new Marble Race game from ebay this morning because Davian LOVES to put together the one we have, which is several years old and is missing lots of pieces.
2. Being able to have Davian here is something I don't take lightly, he is precious. He perched on the arm of my chair and read the descriptions of the marble games. To hear him pronounce, "That one is Marbleous!", is...adorable. Yes, he can read. Anything.
3. Jonathan and Davian are looking at Jon's tablet, looking up the capital of Bolivia.
4. The less structure I give my homeschoolers, the more curious they seem about the world. They spend time measuring things and looking things up and finding out if calico cats really are always female.
5. Google Earth is fun for kids. They are touring town right now, looking at Davian's house.
6. The baseball game last night was busy. The $2 beer kept us hopping. I gave all of my tips to the two guys who work in the kitchen. They get minimum wage, and it's hot back there.
7. The cotton candy boy came into our stand last night after the game and gave us the leftovers. We brought home like ten things of it:)
8. Sonja is going to Toronto for the weekend with Abigail.
9. We are taking the kids to a parade tonight, the Firemen's parade. Firetrucks...if you've seen one you've seen them all, but there are marching bands and some of the floats throw candy.
10. Ah, it's Friday. Paul is supposed to fix the rest of the pool filter tonight, the switch to the motor is burned out. Then, hopefully, the filter will work, and in a week or so, we'll be swimming!
11. Tomorrow Paul and I are working at the baseball stadium again.
12. Homeschooling=Paperwork. blah.
13. Next week is Mali's baby shower. I am making the cupcakes, and helping with the food. Last night I had a dream that the guests were arriving, and I had totally forgotten to make those cupcakes! Anxiety much?
14. I have a love/hate relationship with making cupcakes for events, as my dream illustrates. What if they come out terrible, or if I drop them on the way?
15. The princesses can take showers by themselves now, I am becoming obsolete.
16. I love my husband. Have I mentioned that lately?
17. In three weeks, Samuel will be coming home for the first time in a year. Benjamin and Ashley and Anya will be coming, and those brothers will see each other for the first time in two years. We will be going to the camp we rented in the Adirondacks, and I can't wait. New family pictures!
18. It's time to get ready and go out and about...