summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy...


Today, I had to drag myself out of the refreshing pool in the back yard, and get dressed to go to work, at the new concert venue, our church staffs a concession stand for a fundraiser. It's not so bad, once you get used to the heat. But one of their deep fryers wasn't working, so the orders were backed up, people were getting mad at us, and there wasn't a thing we could do but apologize and ask them if they wanted to order anything else, like something NOT deep fried.

It was hot, working tonight. Very hot and humid. Then to add insult to injury, the mosquitoes came out...ugh.

We were the last few to leave, and were stuck in traffic forever and a day.

Tomorrow...no plans...except to buy a fish for Suzanne. She has been begging for one to put in her little fish tank.

Thursday: another concert, starting around noon...a long hot day.

Friday: I have to make a triple batch or two of chocolate chip cookies for a catering event which takes place on Saturday.

Saturday: I am going to a wedding! My brother's son, who is Joseph's age, is getting married!

Sunday: another concert, Phish. And shh, it's my birthday.

There aren't enough lazy summer days...you know, the ones where time isn't relevant, where you realize that you went all day without putting on a pair of shoes or sandals.

We are well stocked for popsicles and freeze pops, but could use some more ice to make snow cones with.

Ah well...my eyes are trying to close here...very tired. It's been a busy day...and yeah, I had a few leftover chicken tenders after the concert...then I was breaking pieces off of a huge toasted pretzel...multitudes of carbohydrates...so I finally just threw it away...then I left with a bag of popcorn...salty and dry, not even tasty...I started dropping it in the parking lot so someone could find their way home, then Kim said she wanted it...blah. I get tired and just don't care...

But, tomorrow is another day.















3 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della........your are really looking great. All that struggling with food is sure paying off๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— I have had some horrible bug and was eating comfort food for a couple of weeks. It doesn't take long to creep back on, does it? Back on track now though and lost the comfort food poundage !! You are having some lovely weather it seems. We have to enjoy every minute as it slips away quickly it seems. We seem to be in a cycle of sunny in the morning then over come the clouds and we get a big thunder storm! Too much rain for me. I loved the photo of that darling baby girl Lydia. She is such a pretty little baby........soooooo sweet. I love babies ๐Ÿ’• Have a good day!!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, you are too kind. Comfort food indeed is comforting. I love a good thunder storm, and we need rain here, the grass is dry and brown. And Lydia is such a sunshine, thank you, she is pretty, isn't she? My heart just melts...

Carol said...

Sounds like a busy lady to me and one that needs some lazy summer days. Hopefully, things slow down soon.