summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 22, 2016

well I blinked and two whole days went by...

Yesterday we went to our friends' pool...soaked up the sunshine and played with small children...and too soon, it was time to get out and go home, to get ready for the concert...Zac Brown. It was too much fun...work, but fun.

This morning, Paul and I, Mirielle, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille went to services for Uncle Allan..he passed away a few weeks ago, Paul's mom's last remaining sibling. :(

The heat wave continues here, I have been in the pool three times today. We at taco salad out on the deck, then went in for another swim. The house is warm, but it's nice. It's summer. I had a light beer with a slice of lime, which has lasted me like two hour, I like the taste of it though...it tastes like summer.

The zucchini and yellow squash are coming in, the tomatoes are starting to turn pink, we might get some sweet corn, and hopefully lots of melons. Our flower garden is blooming, and the grass is barely growing because of no rain. We get these scattered storms that bring maybe a downpour, maybe some sprinkles, then pass by. Not enough. Thankfully our well is deep, and we have had enough to water the garden and keep the pool full.

I do like summer...bare feet and the sound of crickets and soft ice cream...no, I haven't in a while, but...I am thinking about it. Maybe tomorrow...maybe not. I have to think about what I eat, decide whether I can or not, and usually I shouldn't, but also...I have to LIVE. :)

Paul's cleaning up the kitchen, listening to Journey...I am a lucky girl...oh, and all the teenagers are getting along at the moment.

1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

We have had heaps of lettuce!! That stuff grows like a weed I have to say. I have one hanging basket of those little cherry tomatoes and have had loads already and loads more coming. But my basel looks pathetic 😥 Just too wet. The hail bashed the beans to smithereens too, plus the roses 😥 I love summer also, but we have had more than our share of rain I have to say. Today is beautiful and I dried the sheets and towels etc out on the clothes line. Love the smell of summer outdoor drying 🤗🤗

Marilyn from Canada