summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

and it's wednesday....

A lovely summer morning...woken early by Duke, barking to come in...which is ironic, because the teenagers were up late watching a movie, and had let him out, and he barked to come back in and they didn't hear him...I was already asleep by 12:18, and rrr, came out here and let him in...sleep is overrated anyway, right?

The cat had kittens in a laundry hamper, a fact discovered by Miss Char, who dropped a pair of undies in there and realized Kitty was in there, then saw spotted things...the new kittens! Now, we didn't mean to have kittens again, although the kids said they were hoping, of course. She needs to be spayed, after these kittens are given away, although the kids will no doubt try to convince me of the absolute cuteness of one or another of them, and beg to keep it. We dodged it last time, and gave them all away...ugh.

Anyway...it's a lovely summer morning, the sun is shining, and I hopefully don't have to go anywhere. The doctor's office called this morning and set up the MRI for Sonja for the second of August, then the followup appt. with the ortho dr. on the 9th of August,la-dee-dah. No hurry. For them. I guess it's another opportunity to lay hold of patience.

Kids are up and about, and chattering in excitement about the new babies...they are absolutely thrilled...six of them. Six new kittens. I feel bad that I wasn't with mama when she birthed them, she's a people kitty, and last time wanted to be pet and reassured during labor. But part of me is relieved that it's all over, because I get so anxious...worried the poor things aren't breathing, and but kitty knows what she's doing.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Enjoy the kittens. I love kittens and would like to have one but just do not need more animals at the moment.

Jenea Wells said...

Kitties! I miss having a cat but unfortunately, for me, Tim is very allergic. Enjoy those new babies for me - at least until you find them new homes.