summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

the empty slate of a day...

What will be written here, on this empty slate?

Something I have been thinking of was on a little facebook video, a guy talking about the 20 billion dollar diet industry. He says they don't want us to know that it takes three things to lose weight.
1. Create a calorie deficit.
2. Strength training two or three times a week.
3. Patience.

He said #3 is the most important, because if we don't get immediate results with #1 and #2, we give up, and are depressed. I haven't started any strength training yet, but am working hard on #1 and #3.

Oh, and do you want to hear something really funny? I thought of this last night in the shower, and I was in there laughing to myself like a crazy woman...remember the other day when I was so distraught because of Paul's "I don't know" reply? Well...here's the question I had asked him, and I do not lie...."The new toilet seats are really nice, thank you. Were they expensive?" Seriously. It was about the toilet seats. They ARE really nice, by the way. I can't figure for the life of me what was wrong with that question, ha. I was thinking about how much of a change it makes in the bathrooms, and for probably just a small amount of money, but maybe I came off as being snarky, who me? (I guess I had been ever so gently nagging for new ones for a while now...) I don't know. But I am thankful that God is good, and we don't have to get divorced just because we are put together so differently.

Lydia is such a sweetums. I took this when I was going to change her diaper...she then took my phone and looked at herself and laughed.

It's amazing how the heart can so completely love so many kids.

Today it's going to be warm out, tomorrow downright hot, in the eighties. 65 and sunny is good enough for me, but I'm not complaining. Our kitty had kittens, they're a week old, and in the little girls' room. They want to keep one, had me worn down, but Paul asked incredulously, "Why do we need ANOTHER cat, we have two?" No one had a good answer to that question. :)

I don't have any trips scheduled for the near future, except for the cabin in the Adirondacks at the end of June. It should be pretty sweet, as my kids from the west coast should be coming...Ben and Ashley and little Anya already have plane tickets. The nurses try to get as much of the week off as they can, and Abigail already took her vacation to go on a cruise with Grandma but might take the week without pay. If all the kids are there it will be amazing, it's been a few years since all of them have been together at the same time.

Paul is going to India in a few weeks...I do not wish to accompany him there, no offense to anyone who lives there. The traffic would scare the life out of me. But of course if he did invite me, I would go. I am not longing to go there though.

Kathryn is getting ready for work, and Miss Char is up, so off I go...

2 comments:

Carol said...

It sounds as though your slate is never truly empty, but you are writing good things on it with those children and your trips.

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, it isn't really ever truly empty, although sometimes I wonder just what to do with myself...it's like I have an ill-defined role...not much in particular to do, but I have to always be here just in case...:)