summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

too busy to blog? nah!


With Sam home, every day is a party. This fine morning, I made the bacon, and Jonathan made the scrambled eggs. We wrote a list of guests for Jon's upcoming birthday celebration, and decided on what food to make. Sam chose a gift to order for him. I left with Char and Cam for gymnastics, Sam and Margaret (she had the day off from work) brought Lydia over to Emily's house, where Kathryn was working...oh, it's confusing, isn't it? Anyway...we went to the thrift store first, Char, Cam, and I. We found Nike shinguards, a pair of really sweet Reebok sandals for one of the boys, a few shirts for me.

After gymnastics, we went to BJ's for coffee, half and half, walnuts, flaxseed, and coconut oil.

Home...ah, home. It was busy! Dinner for 13...ham and applesauce, salad, and baked potatoes.

The older kids all went to the youth meeting, just Char and Cam and Lydia and Paul and I are here. Lydia is eating graham crackers and fussing...she is getting tired. She is so funny, she is only a year and a half, and she repeats so many things, and says, "shoes off, let me see it, uh-oh!, go bye-bye, baby, look it!, ba-ba, daddy, mommy, down da slide, SONJA!!!(Onya!), kitty", and lots of other jibber jabber.

She keeps busy. I honestly don't know how I raised 16 kids...how did I manage? I know I am old, but at this time of night, ha 8:30, I'm tired!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow. My grand is almost 2 and she is still not really putting words together. She has a large vocabulary but doesn't seem to be putting words together. I figure one day she will just start reading the books that we read to her now.

16 blessings'mom said...

Kids are all so different. Lydia is a funny little monkey, she's so small yet so brave-hearted, coming here with all the noise and so many big kids, and she just smiles and walks around like she's big too. She's a tiny bit shy of Sam still...aren't they fun, grandkids?

Marilyn from Canada said...

I saw a sign once that said "if I'd known how much fun grandkids were, I would have had them first!!" or something like that. Cute eh? I think because we can love them up, have lots of fun, but don't have the same responsibility. Plus they go home!! Lovely photo of you and the little girls Della 🤗 What lovely weather you are getting there............awful here!!! We had snow the day before yesterday 😫 Gray skies get a bit depressing I have to say. I think it's been close to a week since we have seen the sun!! This too shall pass (I hope). Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, yes! That's cute, and true. Snow still, ugh! I don't mind the cloudy dark skies sometimes, but the sunshine is amazing! I was out in it for a few hours today. I hope you get some soon.