summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 24, 2022

it's practically here!

 Remember when the Grinch said that?  Tomorrow is Christmas...it's practically here!

If I were smart, I'd be using this down time to get important things done, like making six pounds of burger into meatballs, and putting them into the crockpot, as people will be here in the early afternoon...I made lasagnas yesterday, and the peanut butter and regular fudge is all made.  Margaret is bringing stuff for a winter salad, and I have to get the Italian bread from the freezer and drizzle it with garlic butter.  Oh, and roast up that hot sausage...and clean the house.  

We went over to Emily's last evening for a little gathering, it was just so warm and cozy and fun.  The trip over there bordered on treacherous, with the icy roads and blowing snow, the trip home, even worse. They live only five miles away, and out in the country where there's no traffic, that's like five minutes...on a good day.  

Achilles loved his little house, order a bag of dogfood from Walmart, and get a free play house!
Paul set up the track for him, Sunny likes the lights on the cars.
Kitty liked the house. Achilles wanted everyone to go in there with him....he calls both Paul and I, "Grampa", which is adorable and hilarious.  So he took my hand, and said, Grandpa, come in...come in!  I was flattered, but children aren't really known for their good sense of proportions.  
Just a kitty on the couch.
These two...they think I put this rug down for them, not to just cover up some cracks in the tile.
Rhys isn't feeling so well, so she loved when Sonja rocked her and the girls all sang some Christmas songs.
The treats I brought to Emily's...
Small town Main Street...


Our road last night...the ripples across where the wind blew the snow looked like the sand at the beach, in the shallow water...

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!  Peace on earth, and good will toward men, do your part, especially if you're together with family and friends!   

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Merry and Blessed Christmas to you, my friend!

Jan said...

Merry Christmas!