summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

perfectly pleased!

 This fine chilly morning, when the skies were dark and the rain was thundering down on the metal roof, Kathryn was headed over to bring me to Costco.  I don't go there often.   

Rhys and Achilles...he looked a little cranky, but he was actually quite happy and pleasant in Costco...
They liked the big huge snowman.

Here's where I was so pleased:  a rack of coats with a sign, $12.  No, couldn't be.  They looked SO nice.  We looked around, the price seemed correct...I tried one on...XXL, if you must know, and it fit PERFECTLY!  I still couldn't believe that such a nice coat, a was twelve bucks.

Pics from online, but it's even nicer in real life!  The inside of the hood is all furry!  Here's the kicker though:  we were in line, buying my chocolate chips (4.5 pounds for $9!), panko breaded chicken nuggets, a box of egg rolls for the holidays, milk chocolate covered almonds, a gift for Paul, a gift for Adrian, a gift for Margaret, some beautiful looking bakery bread for the girls, and a case of seltzer with a sad ending.  Anyway, the cashier scanned the coat, it came up $12, I mentioned how good a deal it was, she held up that XXL coat, and in her loudest cashier voice, said,"Wow, it comes in big sizes, too!"   yeah.  

The seltzer's demise:  Kathryn drove today, then stopped in for a nice afternoon visit...lunch, a nap for Achilles, afternoon coffee....I carried in my stuff, but couldn't get the seltzer.  She set it on the back of the truck, right up on the back corner of the bed of the truck.  I thought I would just go get it later.  la-di-dah, forgot all about it...on my way home from Activity Club tonight, saw a familiar case of seltzer in the middle of the road...thought, gee, someone lost a whole case of seltzer..., then DING!   Sonja had taken the truck out to church for a bible study, this was a few miles from our house...

No, I didn't go back and pick it up...it was dark, and on a hilly road...what should I have done?  Call 911, um, some idiot dropped seltzer in the road...?

ugh.

I'm super tired, stay up too late when Paul is gone, can't sleep well, get more and more tired...tomorrow, we're going to the library...I shouldn't get any books!  
   


7 comments:

Mari said...

I love the coat, and what a deal! Now I should go to Costco and see if the have the XXL for me too! :)
Love the Seltzer story!

Terri D said...

Great deal on the coat!! Wow! The closest Costco to me is in Brandon - 30 miles. All we have is Sam's Club. Sorry, you lost the case of seltzer. xo

Anonymous said...

Where is the seltzer?? Asking for a friend. Also I’m not going to Costco so we won’t be able to have matching coats…

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, it's a great coat! I would rather have black, but the gray is actually quite nice. I haven't had a new winter coat in years, then I wear is just a shell, an autumn/spring coat, and it's probably three years old or more...my last one was a green parka from Kohls, bought in the springtime for 90% off the clearance price, I paid $2.97 for it, probably 8 years or more ago...
Terri, I know, that seltzer!
Cheryl, no anonymous commenting! You NEED to go to Costco, we need the same coat.

Anonymous said...

Those faces. They’re adorably unhappy shoppers. Lol!
Anne H

Cheryl said...

Oh, sorry!! My name would always come up on previous comments!! How did you know it was me??

16 blessings'mom said...

Anne, I know! They like their mama to be in view at all times, but I'm the old lady, and I push the cart...Achilles will sometimes subtly try to push my hands off the cart...usually I just take the little one, and his mama takes him, but Costco is a madhouse, so we took one cart..
Cheryl, just a hunch. Never mind that we've shown up in the same exact outfits more than once...the calling hours in the same black shirts, why did we still go? oh dear.