summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

under the knife and visiting the sunshine....

 Camille and I finally made it in to the ortho office, and my goodness, we could have just had a phone call.  25 miles up there, just to hear the Nurse Practitioner tell us, bad news, honey, you're going to need surgery...the doctor will want to see you, and get some more images....

We're going back next week.

Aldi, for milk and bread, but also mostly finished up the Christmas shopping!  Then, down the highway to Target, since we were already halfway there...order pickup, candy for the stockings (some was 20%off, then $5 off $20)...we found a few gifts there too, and finished up...I never feel really finished, but...I'm finished.    We went into Price Chopper too, because the dog chow I ordered online isn't coming until Friday, and we reached the dregs of the bag this fine morning.  

Home....ah, home.  Dinner:  the girls made pancakes from scratch, separated the egg, whipped up that egg white and folded it in...they looked good and smelled good, but I made a steak, pan fried, so good...for Paul and I, but I shared too.  I also had some chicken curry from last night, it's always better the next day.

And...we're going to Florida!!!! We're going for a long weekend in January...Thursday through Monday...Paul and I, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille!  Only three full days there, but that's three days away from winter!  Three days together with Paul, three days with Grandma!  And, hopefully...one day at the beach!  Even 60 degrees, some sun on my arms, I'll be happy....

I wrapped all the presents I bought today, and even filled the stockings...well, I filled paper bags, the stockings will be filled in a few days....it's so exciting!!!  I'm only filling five stockings this year, Evelyn, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. 

It's distracting in here this evening, the girls are all in here...so bye, goodnight!

7 comments:

Deb said...

What happened to Camille's knee? That all happened before I ever found your blog, and I've always wondered.

I'm anxious to fill stockings and see if I have enough, but I don't want to fill them early and don't want to take them down. Well, I guess since I'm the only one home during the day I can just do a trial run fill, just to see if I need more, then empty them again. hehe

I just need to get the last minute grocery tings for our Christmas meal, otherwise I'm done. I'm actually looking forward to it being over. My mind needs some boring normalcy and routine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for recommending A Tree Grows...I'm almost done with it and it has been such a delight!
Merry Christmas Della❤️🌲
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb, her right knee dislocated three times, so she had a surgery back in May, a cadaver tendon put in to tighten up the kneecap....6 weeks later, as she was healing up, she completely disclocated the left knee, had to go to the hospital to have it popped back in...that knee keeps popping back out, not totally out, just a little, and is very loose...so she has to have the same surgery on this one, talking to the surgeon next week for the details. (and no, she didn't have the Covid vax...I would wonder...). I know what you mean about having it all over with, ha, normalcy and routine...:)
Valerie, isn't it so interesting to have such a glimpse into what life was like in NY back then? I really did enjoy the book.

Terri D said...

Well, when a blogging friend mentions coming to Florida, I always have to ask WHERE in Florida. I am all about driving to meet a blogger in person, even if just for a hug and a cup of coffee. I know your time is limited but I always ask. Bummer about the appointment being pretty much wasted. Good luck to Camille! I know about knee pain and knee troubles. Sending hugs and Merry Christmas wishes for all!

Deb said...

Ouchie on the knee problems! My younger son had problems with one shoulder. He dislocated it originally after a fall in gym class his senior year. It popped back in on its own while in the ER, but then he dislocated it again a few months later while swinging a towel at a bat in the house. In the ER that time, they did have to put him out for a moment to pop it back in, and then he had to go back to see a doctor after that because twice in less than 6 months was a concern. They did x-rays and whatnot and saw concerning areas, recommended surgery to 'clean up the socket.' During surgery they found all the muscles or whatever along the back side of the socket had torn away. They got that all fixed, kinda 'scraped' the socket to make it deeper, and he had like 6 months of therapy. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a favorite of mine. My dad grew up in Brooklyn early 1900’s and lived in a tenement, so it pulls at my heart. My daughter teaches online for homeschoolers abs is doing the book after Christmas break. She has been doing lesson plans and I love hearing her take on it.
Merry Christmas to you all. Your house sounds busier than mine abs I always think our home is hopping with the kids at home, ones married and the grandkids.
Judy

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I'll be in Zephyrhills from January 20-23, maybe we can meet for a coffee...I'd like that!!!!
Deb, the shoulder issues, ouch!
Judy, It's such a sad book because it's so true. My father grew up in central NY, but poor as church mice. Merry Christmas!!! Have fun in all the craziness!