summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 25, 2022

....merry christmas2022!

 The last few days have been a jumble.  This fine Christmas morning, I woke up and didn't think I had enough gifts for little Wulf and Tennyson, who stayed the night with their mama (Margaret) and papa (Adrian).  They opened one thing on Christmas Eve, when others who wouldn't be here today, were opening things, and I hadn't wanted to get them too much, because too much is too much.  So this morning, I found a few more things and wrapped them.  I put cinnamon rolls in the oven, and made a pitcher of orange juice, and some freshly ground coffee.  We opened presents:  Paul and I, Margaret and fam, Evelyn, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille.  Suzanne and her fiancé Zech came over, then Molly and Josh and little Ophelia.  They left except for Margaretand fam, and we had our Christmas dinner...ham, roasted Brussel sprouts, broccoli, onions, apples, and craisins...stuffing, and sweet potato casserole...which is the best.  There are pecans under those marshmallows...mmmm.

On Christmas Eve, we had so many here....I took random pictures, didn't get pictures of everyone, or the amazing lasagna dinner.  

Sonja and Tennyson
Wulf and Tennyson were hungry for Christmas dinner!
An amazing gift from my friend Linda...
Char, Sonja, and Ophelia
Jonny and Tennyson, and Wulf with his remote control car remote.
Me with Ruth...
Camille and Achilles
Ruth and Achilles
Camille and Rhys
Sonja with Tennyson and Wulf
Sonja with Tennyson, Wulf ,Char, Samuel with Ruth, and Grant...
Joseph and Bethany with Bella and Bucky, their pups, and Paul...
Suri, Bella, Bucky, and Sunny
Joseph with Bella, Bucky ,and Sunny
Our friend Annetta, who was staying with Emily for Christmas, and Darius and Paul
Evelyn rocked Tennyson to sleep...I did the same today, he napped in my arms for almost two hours, it was so relaxing...the girls started dinner while I relaxed.
Camille and Mariel baked the BEST gingerbread, using the new baking scale that Mariel brought for Cam.
Kathryn, Sonja, Camille, Charlotte Claire ,Emily, Darius,and Wulf in front...
Margaret's cookie creations...
Sunny with a Bananagram...
Jonathan...oh, so nice to have him home...he has a busy schedule tomorrow, then leaves the very next day....too short, and we won't see him again until next August.

Phew.  It has been so busy.  So many presents and laughs and just that warm fuzzy feeling of being with my kids and grandkids.  Paul got me an electric toothbrush, some books by Andrew Klavan, nice lotion, and a beautiful red dutch oven.  Evelyn got me a fossil watch, with a big face so I can see what time it is without putting on my glasses.  :). Abigail got me some nice mugs, Molly gave me  fuzzy socks and a nice candle, and other things I can't remember. 

Yes, it was good.  I want to replay different moments, hold on to the memories....it was a peaceful Christmas...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Della this is a test to see if I’m connecting 🙄

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Merry and blessed Christmas, my friend. I love your family and all the love among them. You are an awesome momma! Have a great week in between!

Unknown said...

Hi Della……again🙄

Christmas looked wonderful!! It was here too, but now it’s over for another year! All your pictures are great……….I bet the little kids had so much fun 🤩

I guess Jonathan has gone now…………I’m sure he had a great time with the family and you just loved having him back home in the nest for a while.

I’m going for a dog walk after lunch. I need some fresh air!!

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Aw! Merry Christmas to you. I know it’s a whirlwind and I only have 7 big kid, plus 4 in-law loves and 8 grandchildren, but oh such fun!
I also know it’s hard to have one away. It must have been nice to have Jon home for Christmas even if only for a short while. My Katie was home from YWAM for two weeks. What joy it was. We left to get her back to Kentucky on Christmas afternoon and now won’t see her until end of February after her 6 week mission trip to SE Asia. Praying for our kids as they follow the path God has for them. That they will be a blessing to many as they show God’s love.
Have a Happy New Year!
Judy

Unknown said...

Oh Della………..are you all ok? I think you are close to where this shocking weather is? Oh my goodness!! We’ve been watching it on the news every night.

I do hop all is well with you and yours 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Billie Jo!
Marilyn, it was fantastic having Jon here...it went by too fast.
Judy, whirlwhnd is the correct word. December is a complete whirlwind. So nice you could have your daughter for Christmas too!
Marilyn, we are a few hours east of the Buffalo mess. We have snow, but nothing like what they're getting hammered with. Up north of us, east of Lake Ontario, Watertown area (near the Canadian border) really got hit too. Now the temps are rising, it's going to all melt....those poor people in Buffalo...several deaths, from shoveling, and freezing stuck in cars...just tragic.

Cindy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Hope you're staying warm!