summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 19, 2022

the final week....

 ...it's practically here!  Slow down time, I still have things to do!  Procrastinators can get really bogged down, the week before Christmas.  I'm not a 100% Putter-Off-er, I have been buying and wrapping for weeks now...but:  I still need something for Kathryn and Darius, and Abigail!  And, did I get enough for Sonja?  Paul!  I've only gotten him a few small things, I want to get him something exciting!

Coziness....Charlottte, Sonja, Camille...
We had a Christmas celebration at church...Emily on base clarinet, Camille on violin, Margaret on violin, and Evelyn on flute, whom you cannot see, behind Mariel's head...
Anya got a doll!
Darius, Benjamin, and Ashley with Declan...
Grace and little Ruth all match-y match-y, and cute!
Camille gave Achilles his gift, and helped him open it...
Rhys!
We clean the place up nicely when it's over, Ben is a handsome helper.
Charlotte Claire with Rhys..
Sonja helped me with the cookie frosting station...
Achilles and his mama (Kathryn)
Then there was a birthday party on Sunday...(Tennyson, Grant, Achilles...Grant turned 5, Achilles 3).  
Silliness and whipped cream on the coffee....
Margaret made the monster cake, filled with rainbows and M&M's, and the chocolate dirt track cake too.
In my new $12 Costco coat...
And, Miss Camille with Rhys and Achilles...

Tomorrow morning, we try AGAIN to go to Camille's orthopedic appointment, third time's a charm.  

This fine morning, I went to the pediatrician with Kathryn and her little ones, both had well check-ups, and are all fine and healthy.  We went to Wegman's afterward, specifically so I could get a ham for Christmas Day...brown sugar spiral ham for $1.49 a pound, it's always so good.  I also needed some ricotta and ground beef, and hot sausage, for the meatballs and lasagna for Christmas Eve.  I got stuff for punch, some beautiful sliced Italian bread, which went straight into the freezer to be made into garlic bread...

Tonight, we had curry chicken, rice, and homemade naan bread...after rising twice, I smush the little circles of dough, spray the panini maker with olive oil, and pop them in...sprinkle olive oil, a little salt...the dough was already seasoned with some curry, garam marsala, onion and garlic powder, lots of coarse ground pepper, salt...I avoid this type of thing like the plague, but I did take a few tastes, mmm.

Ah well...it's such a busy time of year, but I'm trying to stay focused on what's important, and not get all bent out of shape in the details.  I'll let you know what the dr. says about Camille's knee...have a good evening!!!!


3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, lovely friend. I always love seeing your family together. So much love! Have a wonderful week preparing! I hope it passes slowly!!!

Terri D said...

I loved all your photos!! The birthday cakes are pretty amazing and perfect for the birthday littles! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!! xo

Michelle in FL said...

Love the cakes Margaret made, so cute!