summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 21, 2026

ah the weekend!

 Well, no pictures tonight...but life goes on.  Yesterday, Miss Suzanne was here for the day.  We went to Target with Sonja K. and baby Boo, little Kaia Jean.  We found ribeye steaks for 50% off, and I did get five of them.  I grilled burgers, hot sausages, hot dogs, and made some onion rings in the air fryer.  Evelyn and Nate were here, along with Sonja and Oscar and Suzanne.  We went to the ice cream place after dinner...:)

This fine morning, I got up and went to the pool...early, as per usual.  But this time Rich wasn't there early, wasn't there at all, and it was glaringly sad that he was missing.  There hasn't been anything announced about any services, so the pool class is going to brekky on Monday and we're having our own little remembrance.  

When I got home, Evelyn and Nate and baby Bridget were ready to go to Costco.  Oh, we had fun.  I got Hershey's nuggets, a big bag of whole bean Lavazza coffee ($11.99 for over two pounds!), chicken nuggets, a Land's End shirt for $4.97.  I got spring mix, so we could have a nice salad with tonight's dinner...which was grilled ribeye.  Nate grilled.  Sonja made Mac and cheese.  There was a birthday cake for Miss Kaia, and also for Evelyn, who turned 27 today!

Kathryn came over today, it was so nice to see her, and the kids.  Rhys sat with me and told me a story...Ellis is always up for some hugs and rocking with grandma...even Achilles sat on the arm of my chair and cuddled a little.  They had some raspberries and Oreos, and played with lots of toys.  

Tomorrow night we're having a therapy session...all the girls in our family, and some daughter-in-laws...to talk about and cope with the three girls' hospital stays a few weeks ago.  It's really a grand excuse to get together, and we will probably sing to Evelyn.  Em and Mariel are making food, and I'm bringing my popcorn, butter, coconut oil...there is nothing like stove popped popcorn.  

Summer is slipping away...our pool never did get fixed, yet here I am alive and well.  I do not like it, not one little bit.  But, we are going camping again next week, so who am I to complain?  

One of these days I'll try to fix the "no pictures" glitch, but for now...try to imagine how sweet newborn Bridget is, how cute Jamie is with his summer tan and blonde hair, and little Kaia smushing cake all over the high chair tray, then playing with her new birthday drums....

You all have a good night!

No comments: