This fine morning, I headed out the door to the small city on the lake, to pick up three little children. Wulf, Tennyson, and Blythe were excited to ride in Grandpa's truck, even with Grandma driving, ha. We stopped at the grocery store, and let them pick out a donut, some chips, a watermelon, some sweet corn on the cob, and cheesy popcorn.
They have kept me hopping. The boys are playing a game on the tablet right now, Blythe is playing with the Aldi cash register. She played with the wonderful antique dollhouse, with play dough, the dolls and strollers, and outside for a bit running around and on the swing. She played in the cars on the deck, and we played doctor...she took my blood pressure like a pro. The boys played in the woods, but not for long, there are scratchy thorns, according to Tennyson.
Wulf lit some candles, he said his mom lets him, and I have heard that one before, but I let him. He opened two cans of seltzer at the same time, and chugged some out of each. They brought stools over to the refrigerator and searched on top for treasures. Ten scored a baggie of Pez candy refills, Wulf found some Lindt chocolate truffles. They found old iPhones in the drawer and Grandpa said they could have them. They are charging right now, they probably cannot access them, who knows who they belonged to and what the passwords were?
They had hot dogs for lunch, except for the one Sunny jumped up and stole from the counter while Blythe was otherwise occupied. She didn't really want any more, to be fair.
I managed to vacuum a little bit around the toys, but it looks a teeny bit like a small bomb went off in here, and I've scurried around more than my usual.
The boys like to wrestle, Grandma is too old for that...someone will get hurt!
We are having company for dinner tonight, my brother-in-law. The chicken breast is marinating in lime juice and seasonings, I'll grill it, the slice it up...corn tortillas, white onions, and cilantro...fresh salsa...then sweet corn and watermelon, mmm.
Tomorrow morning, I have to bring Miss Camille to a dr. appointment, so I'll miss swim class, drats.
This weekend...Evelyn and Nate will be coming over, as their car will be serviced at the mechanic down the road...we will have a little happy birthday for Miss Kaia Jean, who is turning one year old! We're having a therapy gathering for all the girls in the fam at Emily's house on Saturday, to talk about all the trauma of the hospital stays...(we've been wanting to get together for a while, this is a good excuse!)
I think we're having people over here on Sunday...so it'll be busy. Then Tuesday, off we go camping again, this time to the eastern shore of Lake Ontario for five nights. We'll be joined by Marge, Wulf, Tennyson, and Blythe...and Ben and Ashley and family will have a site too. Blythe's third birthday will be celebrated there!
We actually have nine birthdays in August. Maeve turned 3, Sam, Ruth turned 5, Evelyn's is Friday, Lydia will be 11 on the 24th, Kaia on the 27th, Blythe the 28th, Denzel will be 3 on the 30th....(and baby Bridget was born on the first!)
(I'm glad I wrote this post, I see I have a birthday gift to get, phew! Actually two!)
Ah well....kids need some attention, Blythe has had two packs of fruit snacks now...oops. Have a good afternoon!

No comments:
Post a Comment