summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 14, 2007

another day at home

Wait, not another day at home, the kindergarten singalong is this afternoon...Last year when Jon was 2 1/2, he called it the "dingalong", so that's what it will always be called, in our house. Our kitties are at the vet getting "fixed" today. Evelyn, 8 yrs old, asked what it meant. I told her it was so Kitten Force (female) won't have kittens. But what about the boy kitty, she wanted to know. I told her it was so he wouldn't be a daddy. She thought that was so funny, "What it he DID get married?", she asked....I lost the vouchers from NY state to spay/neuter for $20.....we're gonna have to pay big bucks for this....I feel like crying.

Yesterday my second oldest turned 21. Icy roads, she stayed home and we watched Failure To Launch, very stupid but very funny.

I love my baby. She is cute and sweet and cuddly. Chubby and smiley. I love the weight of her sleeping head on my shoulder. I love to snuggle up with her and hear her little snores. I even like changing her diaper and seeing how chunky her little thunder thighs are getting. BUT...man, it's hard to be so hurried in everything I do, because she always needs holding.I want to make cut-out cookies, and wrap presents, and straighten the curtains (no one else can see some of these things that drive me nuts)...I really am working on being thankful for life the way it is, and not giving in to that nagging impatience because I want to accomplish so much.....I haven't even scheduled my six week check-up appt., and Camille is 5 weeks old...but you know what? I'll be okay. Life goes on, and what doesn't get done doesn't get done. I can only do so much, and being depressed is no help for anyone. No matter how much I manage to do, it is never enough, and it is not apparent to the others around here how much time and energy go into the raising of a newborn. Oh well. God has given her to us, and He knows what we need. So what if there are no clean socks.

I have to somehow get pretty for the singalong. Not me, but Camille, Charlotte Claire, and Jon. I have no idea if I was supposed to send in cookies for this....I'll hold my head up high, and pretend like I did....

1 comment:

true blessings said...

I like that last line..good one, I'll remember that one...lol