summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 10, 2007

my daughter's sick day

My high school daughter is sick today. She hates her name to be used, so I'll call her, "Sweetie", which doesn't describe her accurately most of the time. She has the stomach bug, and is freezing cold, half sleeping all day on the couch, but sometimes awake and talking. I have enjoyed having her home. I have noticed this through the years: children are nicer when they are sick. Maybe so Mommy's love and compassion can be stirred up for them a bit more. Charlote Claire choked on the top of an ornament today, and threw up on the kitchen floor. She then hurried over to the drawer for a wash-cloth to help clean it up. She kept standing on the presents near the tree today, and when I would put Camille down to go get her off them, she would squeal by me, and try to get to Camille. I would then pick up baby as fast as I could, and she would run back to the presents...I had to give her a little spank to put an end the game. It hurts me more than it hurts you, honey. I am my mother.
Camille has gone through three outfits today. I moved her up a diaper size, and she still pees through. Too much nursing, I guess. I have to go shopping: four little girls need class presents. 4 or 5 of the older kids need "big" gifts...we are getting gramma and grampa one of those digital picture frames. I miss my mother and father so much. Gramma loved Christmas. She always got the kids presents, even when she was so sick. Well, I'm going to miss my opportunity to take a little nap, if I don't get off this darned computer...Evelyn has Camille, I have to take her in with me for a nap. Too dangerous out here for a baby without me. Ride-ons are being ridden, snacks being eaten, can the rest of them survive without me? Joe and Aaron are here..It is Aaron's 15th birthday today. I made him some fudge instead of a cake today, between changing and feeding Charlotte Claire and Jon, and feeding and changing and rocking Camille over and over again..I also did a few loads of laundry, swept the kitchen/dining room, mopped it a bit, cleaned up the counters, read the paper from yesterday, read the paper from today (hey, I have my priorities...)...anyway, gotta go.

No comments: