summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

our new dishwasher....

"has a lock on it, so no one steals our dishes." Camille Anaya, age four.

She is having a popsicle for breakfast. She asked, I said Yes. Why not? Summer is almost over.

Kittens are heavenly. They are curled up together on the couch. They are just all sweet and fuzzy and innocent. Soon we shall start them on kitten chow and get them going in the litter box....then before we know it, we'll be saying goodbye to them. Their mama will be going to visit the vet, so we don't have another litter of kittens.

My morning has not been uneventful. Sweet little Suri can be a monster. She pooped on and near her newspapers last night. Not once, not twice, but FIVE piles of poop. Two puddles of pee. Dang, who elected ME as the Puppy Janitor? I am very thankful for disinfectant spray and paper towels.

She also got into the can of compost stuff....she chowed on corn cobs. She must have been playing with them too, because there was corn all over the floor near the door.

I suppose the answer would be to put her in that crate, whining or not, and get up in the night and take her out to potty when she barks...

It is a good thing she is so cute.

Anyway. I drove Samuel to work because his bike is acting up. I do not recommend buying bikes from Wal-Mart. Complete and total Made In China junk. We bought two bikes there...one, the pedals fell off. The other one, the tire popped, not just the tube, the whole tire. The gears get stuck.

So I drove him, meaning I had to get up at a bit after six am.

The princesses are having fun with the dishwasher box. They made purple curtains and taped them to the windows their sister cut out for them. There is like a half of a load of clean towels on the bottom to make it comfy. Yesterday they were fighting so much about it, I just took it outside and said, "fight out here." They were friends again pretty quickly. I mean, I am not going to referee every little disagreement because it makes a huge-er deal out of things than necessary.

The box is back in the living room now. Looks lovely.

Last night's dinner was very yummy. It was raining out, so I baked the marinated chicken breast. It wasn't as good as grilled, but it was good. We had corn on the cob, and a huge salad with garden tomatoes.

After dinner, Paul was finishing up the new dishwasher installation, and Joe and Aaron were cleaning up dinner. I decided to go for a walk, even though it was sprinkling out. Sam volunteered to go with me. We walked a few miles, talking about important things like his weekend camping trip and World War II. It was dark when we got home, I was glad Sam was with me.

Ah well, time to get moving.










































4 comments:

Tereza said...

A new dishwasher!!! Happy for you! The kittens sound cozy:)

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna. Your kids are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel.

I love to watch the Duggar Family show, nineteen and counting, on TLC.



I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.



I wrote this poem

Each of us are Special

Each of us different,

No one is the same

Each of are us are unique in our own way,

Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

It doesn't matter what others say

we are special anyway.

What is forty feet and sings? the school chior http/www.miraclechamp.webs.com

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Tereza! Yes, kittens are cozy. Adds just that added touch of mayhem we didn't know we needed. Jenna: Hello! Thank you for your poem, it made my morning! I sent you an email so you can give me your address. I would love to send you something!

mommeeof10 said...

I think it might be worth the money to buy a good quality bike from a bike shop. My daughters cheap one, the gear on the pedals is not round. The chain pops off all the time... Once my kids are big enough for adult sized bikes, It might make sense to buy the good quality $300 Schwinn bikes from costco?We live in town, they don't need cars until they start college.