summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 10, 2015

happy mother's day!


This was a few years ago, but I wish I had done more of these, back when Benjamin didn't live on the other side of the country, and Samuel wasn't in the Army.

We are planning some updated photos in June when Ben comes home....with Ashley and Anya, and Samuel has leave.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day. It's a celebration for me, yet my own mother isn't with us anymore, so wah.

This fine morning, I woke up before everyone else. Now that I'm sleeping better at night, I wake up earlier. Anyhoo, I didn't get breakfast in bed. Paul did make me some lovely coffee though, with coconut oil/MCT oil, and half and half. All blended in the blender, yummers. I swept floors and cleaned up. Paul washed all of the dishes, yay! I really really wanted him to just sit down out on the deck with me, and ignore the mess, but it didn't happen. We had to eat breakfast (I made bacon and eggs), and pack some healthy food for our lunch, as we both worked the baseball game today. We had to be out the door by 10:45, so there wasn't much time for sitting around.

So we got home, and I put chicken in the oven, planning to finish it off on the grill. Well, one whole package is spoiled! Our refrigerator is really cold, and the date on this is the 13th, so it should be fine. rrr. I had to dig some out of the freezer and pry it out of the package, all the while thinking, meh, Mother's Day.

The kids are tired out, Evelyn and Sonja and Jonathan, they had soccer practice for three hours today and over two hours yesterday.

Kathryn and Suzanne worked outside all day yesterday doing a building project at church.

Margaret is working at the grocery store in town...we stopped in there on the way home from the game to get half and half...and boy is Marg a cute cashier!

Paul bought me a nice mug for hot or cold drinks, and he got us matching wedding bands...I'm not sure what kind of metal, but they are shiny purple. Very different and hippie-ish. My wedding band fell off my finger three and a half years ago, after I lost 50 pounds. I have been going around with a naked finger, and told Paul I am tired of getting hit on in Walmart.

It's hot and humid today. I am not complaining, just pointing it out. After that winter we just had, I am not complaining.

Jon asked me how the baseball game was, and I said, "I can't complain." He said, "You shouldn't complain anyway." Wise boy.

Jonathan and I are doing well on our little savings for our trip out to Washington state. It's really fun to plan. He was looking up when we should go, and asked me, "Is there an airline called, "Other Airlines?" cuteness. He kind of wants to take one of the cheaper flights with two layovers, so we can take off and land more, and, "get our money's worth."

I am continuing to do well on this keto plan, eating my veggies and avoiding sweets and breads and fruit, except for berries. I feel better except for still kind of foggy and shaky in the mornings. I need to read more and figure it out. I am not ready to add more carbs back, because that will get me into trouble and bring back cravings. I am NOT craving sugar for the very first time in my life. I don't care about it. That in itself is a miracle.

Tomorrow is Charlotte Claire's birthday, we are probably going to the diner for lunch to celebrate. She is turning nine...slow down, Char, slow down....














1 comment:

Susan said...

Awwww...love the photo-Charlotte Claire and Camille were so little and darling. ( They are still darling just bigger!),
Happy Mothers Day x 16 Della!