summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 8, 2015

and a happy birthday it was.....


Cuppy-cakes and cookies...


and birthday cake...




Having a baby in the house, oh so nice. We didn't really feed cake to Lydia, btw. Isn't she so sweet and cute and nice? We had to take turns holding her all evening.

We had chicken wings last night, twenty pounds of them...some barbecued, some Buffalo...we peeled a huge pot of potatoes, and had mashies, and lots of sliced cucumbers, celery, and carrots...and corn, as per Camille's request.

Camille got a new doll for her birthday, and an outfit for her...not a baby doll, the American Girl type from Target. She LOVES her, even though we have a passel of dolls already. After all, Camille is the eleventh girl in the family, and I'm not exactly the Get-Rid-Of-Things type of girl. She also got a bracelet/jewelry making kit, some nail polish, and two Barbie movies, and some money. Right now, Miss Char, Miss Cam, and cousin Dani are out here with dolls and strollers, watching one of the new movies.

I had a nice surprise for them this morning, that I forgot to give them last night: I bought three matching nightgowns that came with little nightgowns for dolls, the size doll Cam just got. (They were marked down to five dollars at Kohl's last week, plus I had a coupon)

And as cozy as it is in here this morning, I have a grim outing to leave for in a few minutes....Mirielle and I are taking Mr. Louis, aka Lou...the little doggy...back to the shelter. All I can say is poor Emily. She's doing what she knows is the right thing to do, but oh the heartbreak.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Baby Lydia is darling 😍 Camille is a darling too......I'm sure you would like her to stay little too. What lovely cakes and cookies...I would love to reach right in and grab one..........but I wouldn't be able to eat it anyway.......severe gluten allergy. Sad about Lou, but as much as I LOVE dogs, and I do, I would NEVER have one I couldn't trust. She wouldn't ever forgive herself if he bit one of the children, or anyone for that matter. Have a wonderful supper tonight!!

Marilyn from Canada