summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 7, 2015

my baby is 8 today....

Yes, 8 years ago today we had our 16th child, our miracle baby. She is my little sweetie still. I have baked cookies with rainbow sprinkles, and cakes and cupcakes, waiting to be frosted. We are celebrating with chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and corn, as per her request:)

I am heading to town now, taking a break from cleaning and baking, to get vanilla for the frosting...it's always something I'm out of. Maybe I'll get some balloons too. Yes, Miss Organized here. I went shopping with Emily yesterday, for an Israel feast we are having tomorrow, and got a few prizes to make little prize bags for Cam and her friends. They are not put together yet, nor are her gifts wrapped. Heck, I still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to give her yet. I did however, make a huge impulse purchase this past week:

A trampoline. It was on sale! The kids have been wanting one forever and a day, since our old one fell apart and died. I didn't want another one, Cam dislocated her elbow on the old one. But...I bought it. I was proud of myself, I was the self-appointed project engineer, and we put the whole thing together by the time Paul got home from work. He was NOT impressed. I guess we have different opinions of having a trampoline, but thankfully he's okay with it, and knows the kids just love it. It does have a safety net, but we didn't get that far before it got dark the other night, then it rained yesterday, ect.

Anyhow...tonight we are having a party for Cam. Emily and Mirielle and Mali are coming over, along with some little friends.

And, I need to move it...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like a fun party to me ☺️ Enjoy. My baby is going to be 50 next year and she has her 25th wedding anniversary!!!! Her daughter will be 21 and honestly I have no idea where those years went. The kids will enjoy the trampoline, but yes, it does need the net for safety. Enjoy you special meal tomorrow too......I will be interested to read about what you are going to cook. Bet it's good though.

Marilyn from Canada