summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 20, 2015

only five days 'til Christmas....

Let's make this a random post today, ha, as if that's unusual.

Abigail is in Dubai. That's in the United Arab Emirates.

She took this pic yesterday.

Margaret is in Norway, land of winter.

Samuel is in Washington D.C., with weather that's breaking records, for lack of snow, and lack of cold.

He's driving home for Christmas, and I am thankful there's no snow in the forecast, at least for his trip here...his return trip, who knows.

Both of the dogs are sleeping on the couch they are not supposed to be on. They look adorable, and I am not going to disturb them.

Today is our Christmas celebration at church. Paul and Kathryn left early to help Emily with the brunch preparations. I need to get the other kids ready and get out the door, soon.

Yesterday afternoon, after a busy basketball game, I returned home with a strong desire to chill with a cup of hot coffee and my feet up. And I did for a little while, but then took Miss Char and Miss Cam on a special shopping trip. We went to the small city, so they could try to find a pretty dress to wear today. Marshall's: nothing. The thrift store: nothing, but I found an adorable pair of Carter's baby overalls for $1.99, looked like they were never worn, for Lydia. Walmart: no dresses they liked/that fit them...but we did get sparkly leggings to go with the dresses they already have and can wear but were hoping not to. If that makes sense. Now that they have leggings to go with them, they'll be fine. We picked up a little gift for Dani's brother Sean, and got a few bags of candy for our Christmas candy dish, for when Sam comes home...(and for when Aaron drops in for a visit!) I let them get a pink milk and a chocolate milk, and we had beef jerky on the way home.

Home: Wrapped a few gifts quick, put in a load of laundry (my thrift store findings), and started rolling out pizza dough. Paul and all the older kids had gone for a sound check for the music portion of the feast...so it was only the princesses and I. Zucchini sliced, rolled in olive oil, broiled, then topped with sauce, cheese, pepperoni and put back in the oven...it was MY pizza, and it was good enough.

Anyway. Life is good. I am not letting worry steal my Christmas joy. Today is a good day, and come what may next week, or after that...today is still a good day.

Of course now I have to run around like the crazy woman that I am, to get everyone out the door on time...:)

No comments: