summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

cookies, birthdays, forts, and a kitten....


Today is Miss Sonja Kathleen's 14th birthday. Now the five-girls-in-a-row are 19, 18, 16, 15, and 14. We went on an outing yesterday afternoon...they eye doctor for Suzanne, Jonathan, and I...but that's the only place we went, because yours truly left her wallet on the table next to her chair. So after we got home, the whole van load of us (Kathryn and Sonja and Char and Cam went too), Miss S.K. and I went to town, just to get a few things at the little store there...since it was the day before her birthday, I stopped at Dunkin so she could get a yummy drink. I also got her a pink frosted donut with sprinkles. I got a large iced coffee...and surprise! The cash register was acting up, so our order was free!

Sonja requested chocolate chip cookies with homemade pink frosting...so I made a triple batch.

I started on the frosting, but decided to take a writing
break first...


The kids are building a huge fort in the living room today.


They moved furniture to have "gym class".


We only have one kitten left...she's spoken for, but we're keeping her a few more days so mama kitty can adjust.


Jonathan and I have been taking our walks, three days in a row! Last evening, we walked before dark, and was lovely...


Anyway...I'm looking forward to getting my new reading glasses. They'll probably come in when I'm in France...and guess what...? Charlotte Claire turns ten years old when we're there, too. oops. I am kind of glad I didn't realize that little fact when I was considering whether to go or not. It's bad enough to miss their soccer tournament, but a ten year old birthday without your mommy? I know she'll be all right, but oops.

My living room is a disaster...waffleblocks, wooden blocks, the forts, lots of blankets and pillows. Jonathan is vacuuming his room, the other kids are making towers and playing, "Sorry!"

They grow up too fast, and I love when they play. They've been to the moon today, and visiting other planets, and they even brought some of the animals with them. They lured them into their fort with treats and kitten chow, and every once in a while, a cat would escape and they would go fetch it again. Davian is in love with the poor kitten...he's pretty gentle with it, but he really likes to cart it around.

In the midst of this seemingly normal week, I am elated about our trip to France. My head is swirling....passport, sneakers, toothbrush, phone charger...then there's the fact that 8 kids will be here all week...(not exactly kids, Joseph is almost 25 and Kathryn is 18), but they will need food and meal plans, ect.

But today is Sonja's birthday, so I shall go finish that pink frosting, and decorate some cookies, as per her request. I don't even know yet what's for dinner, oops.


























2 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

Happy birthday to Sonja K from across the country. Have you lost more weight? Your face appears so. Yes completely nosy question, feel free to not answer. It's a dumb question. Your face looks very slim. And how is your baby going to be 10?!?! I've already said but I feel like I know you so well. I live vicariously through you. I'm excited about your trip. I'm not a stalker, don't block me. Lol. I do so enjoy your stories!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Ha, I won't block you. And it's not a nosy question, I have been maintaining the same weight for a while, give or take a few pounds. I gained six pounds last weekend visiting Samuel in Washington...and that was practicing some restraint! I have worked really hard since coming back, and have lost it again. But that seems to be the story of my life...I have at least fifty pounds to lose, but I seem to only be able to maintain...which is better than gaining back the seventy pounds, but still frustrating. Thank you for complimenting though. And Miss Charlotte Claire is turning ten, but Camille is the baby, she's eight and a half. Char is the #15 child:)