summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

never a dull moment, poor camille....



So yesterday morning I decided that indeed I would call the doctor about her ankle...so in the middle of the nice sunny day, after doing some laundry and hanging it out, sweeping up the floors, doing some school...I took Miss Cam in to the doctor. I thought it was just a sprain. But to be safe, you know, have it checked. The doctor agreed it's hard to tell without an x-ray, even for doctors, ha. So...down to the x-ray place. They gave Cam a nice little bracelet and some stickers...

And...yes, it's fractured. Dang it. Darn it.

By the time we were done and diagnosed, the orthopedic office was closed...so we're going in today at noon.

Poor Camille. I hate to see her hampered by the crutches and the cast and her poor ankles...the other one was broken in December. She broke her arm a few years back, falling out of a tree.

It's not the trampoline's fault this time, it's the fact that they were playing with the hose on it.

And the obvious thing is to get rid of it. But I am not sure that's going to happen...because it's Char's favorite thing in the world. That child jumps for hours a day. Camille was crying when she got hurt, crying because she didn't want to get rid of the trampoline.

Now for Cam, her jumping days are over for a while anyway...

I didn't have the heart to bring the poor child to the grocery store after finding out her ankle was fractured...so I brought her home, and had Evelyn take care of her. I said to be nice, and to wait on her...I don't want her hobbling around on the crutches with that foot not casted...ugh.

First I had to bring kids to soccer...Joseph usually drives, but we are down a vehicle, and Paul was still at work. Then Suzanne and I went to the dollar store...I bought some little potted flowers for Evelyn's and my garden...and some snacks...then to the grocery store for avocados, lettuce, berries (love when fresh blueberries are on sale!!!)(they don't last long here), dog food, milk, ect ect ect.

Home...ah home. Evelyn had so nicely fed the kids who were home, so I just had to put away the groceries, then go pick kids up from soccer.

This morning, I drove Paul to work so we can take one of the vans in to the shop for inspection. One has a leaky hose, the other a leaky tire, so they are taking turns at the shop this week, and I have to pick Paul up from work later.

I know, I'm not alone. Life is busy sometimes...and I spend my time doing things that need to be done...just like everyone else here on the earth. It isn't always parties and puppydogs, although I did bring Suri when I picked up the kids from soccer...they love when they get in the van and see her.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Awww...poor Camille, I am so sorry, especially with summer coming. However, she has always sounded like a trooper so I am pretty certain she will make the best of the situation. I am trying to visualize the hose being used on the trampoline but I guess I am not that creative.
Yes Della, you are right, a good portion of life is doing mundane activities. You seem to do them with a great deal more grace than most.