summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 27, 2016

cabin in the woods...best vacation ever...


One day I went on a walk while three of my daughters were going on a run...they caught me taking pics and one of them yelled, "That better be a selfie, Mom!" So here's my selfie.

And don't let that fool you, I wasn't Miss Healthy while on vacation...no sir. I gained seven and a half pounds, in one week. And that's not even eating a bun on the burger or a bowl of Golden Grahams, although I was tempted. Nor a Poptart, or a beer. I did drink some wine, and there were M&M's involved, and there may have been a bag of caramel creams...and popcorn two nights...ugh.


I am not getting paid to say that I love Oreo cookies. I never eat them, but on vacation, I had a few. This particular variety had three cookies glued together with a layer of chocolate middle, and a layer of vanilla middle. This particular day was fantastic, Mirielle had presented us with a bottle of wine out on the dock...she came down laden with glasses, and passed it out...just a small bit, but you know me, give me some wine, and I need a cookie to go with it.


I grilled burgers...


With Sonja.


Ben, Ashley, and little Anya...Benjamin tricked me, said he couldn't come this year...but he really couldn't come this year...until after he had booked tickets for just Ashley and Anya to come, which was a surprise for the kids...then he was able to double up on his apprenticeship classes, and get done early, so last minute he booked a ticket for himself, all on the downlow. When he appeared on the steps of the cabin, I jumped up and down and screamed...I was SO happy to see him. My big boy, my oldest son...all grown up and living on the other side of the country, oh it was so nice to be with him...Ashley and Anya stayed on for a few extra days and are coming to visit me this week:)


With Anya...


Camille with Anya...


Lydia can stand up now...and Anya liked cuddling with Cam.


The two granddaughters, Lydia and Anya. Cousins.


Paul with our five sons...Aaron, Samuel, Joseph, Benjamin, Paul, and Jonathan in the front.


Emily with Camille...


It's so beautiful up there...

I started writing this a few hours ago, but Samuel was still here, and oh how he procrastinated leaving the house to head back to base. It's a seven hour drive, and he intended to leave last night and drive during the night, but decided to leave this morning instead. So of course I couldn't sit here blogging while he lamented how much he was going to miss the dogs, and home, ha.

Our time at camp was magical, as nice as I had anticipated. I am trying to get back to normal this week, working a concert tonight, taking someone for a driver's test in the morning, and another one at the end of the week, as well as this and that and the other thing, trying to eek out bits of actual summer vacation between doing things I have to do, ha.

Maybe I'll post more pictures when I get a chance...for now, have a happy Monday, bless others and God will bless you.

































3 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

What a wonderful time!!!!! To have you all together is just sooooooooo special 💖 In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter that you popped on a few pounds.......they will come off quickly iwhen you get right back to your normal eating. I love all the photos too. I'm sure it was just magical 🤗🤗🤗

Marilyn from Canada

Kanadiangirl said...

1. You. Are. Amazing.
2. I am glad you didn't worry about dieting on your vacation.

3. Your family is beautiful.

Susan said...

I loved the vacation photos! My favorite is the one of Camille and Anya, and the one of all the guys, oh and the one of Lydia standing...OK, I loved every single one!
I also wanted to say how totally fascinated I was by the amt of food pictured on the back of your van as well as the number of burgers you had on the grill!
Welcome home Della!