summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 1, 2016

You live in a zoo....

You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too...how many monkeys are too many monkeys? We have two older dogs, the black Lab Suri, and the chocolate Duke, now new puppy Sunny, the baby yellow Lab...then two kitties and...the three kittens that are still left. It is my intention to give these three away, but a certain few children are begging to keep the orange and white little sweetie. I'm at the Does It Matter point.

I like a somewhat tidy house. Not perhaps by YOUR standards, or my mother-in-law's, or even my sister's. But I like the floors clean, the clutter put away, at least in the main living areas, kitchen and living room. Keeping the floors clean with pets is an ongoing project, and it's not my favorite. I am thankful for my nice vacuum cleaner and my steam mop though.

Today...physical therapy for Sonja, Gramma visiting later...the girls are discussing right now who is going where. It's a beautiful day, with a touch of autumn crispness..

And we have to get going soon...I have so much to blog about and so little time to do it. I feel like my life consists of always hoping for some down time, some quieter days, some blank spaces...summer was supposed to be generally more relaxing, now I find myself thinking that next week, when school starts again, it's going to be a bit easier. Ha. I don't learn, but perhaps that's how I keep what sanity I still have:}. Bye for now....

No comments: