summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 30, 2016

have I mentioned cozy?


In my comfy chair...:)


This is a few years back...all the kids and Benjamin's wife Ashley:)


And this...do you believe this really existed? It's not just some lovely picture I downloaded...one of my daughters actually ate this the other day. I thought it was a work of art...chocolate with chocolate with chocolate on top!

Random, yes.

But. Here's the thing: it's cozy in here. I am on my fourth library book since our trip there on Tuesday. Today, the natives were restless, I almost took them to the mall. The weather forecasters tend to be sensationalists, saying no unnecessary travel. The big bands of lake effect snow were heading here, and the wind is blowing. I hemmed and hawed, while the kids found things to keep them busy, then just decided it was stupid to risk life and limb for a trip to the mall. So we stayed put. All of the kids have left to go ice skating at an outdoor rink in the city. I was tempted to go just to watch, but brr. I did make five carafes of hot chocolate, and two carafes of coffee for them. (not just them, their friends too!). I also made butterscotch/chocolate/coconut/M&M/brownie/sweetened condensed milk layer bars, but they weren't quite baked all the way through, and when I tried to cut them to put them in a container, they were too mushy. So back into the oven went the fragrant chocolaty bars.

Paul and I are the only ones home now. He's watching football and gathering equipment for ice fishing tomorrow with Jonny. Okay...roads are bad, ice skating is cancelled for some of them...they are coming in the door! bye...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the photo, I am guessing that was taken about 5 years ago? Della, you have lost a lot of weight since then (but you were still beautiful!).