summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 10, 2024

out came the sun, and dried up the rain...

 

Jamison and Sunny...
Each day is busy and full, would you believe that?  Tuesday I brought Miss Camille to a dr. appointment.  She's been having wavering vision, wiggly movement.  Brain tumor wasn't my first thought, okay it was.  Emily said eye dr. visit was the first thing to do, so we did that last week.  Her eyes are perfectly healthy, and her script for glasses has only changed a tiny bit.  Optometrist recommended we see a dr, sooner rather than later, Mom, he said.  That only slightly scared the living daylights out of me.  He mentioned it might have something to do with the ears, but I thought he was just doing the doctor-y thing that doctors do:  providing some sort of answer so they aren't answer-less.

Lo and behold, he was right.  The pediatrician diagnosed her with labyrinthitis.  (stop making up words, Gus!).   It is where your inner ear, the labyrinth part, becomes inflamed due to a cold, virus, or  bacterial infection.  It affects balance and can cause vision disturbances.  (Camille has been getting dizzy and nauseous).   Dr. did a complete neurological assessment, and Cam is absolutely fine in all of that.  phew.  She goes back in next week just for a check in, check up, whatever, but it seems like it is something she will just have to wait out.  She did get some anti-nausea meds though.  

Never a dull moment, I tell you.  

After her appointment, we went to Walmart for some really important things we couldn't live without, like those fly strips to hang under the deck, some citrus spray that some camper redoing influencer said would take the wallpaper strips off easily, and some stick on tiles for the camper backsplash.  :)

Yesterday after the pool, Sonja and Camille and I went to Target to get something for Charlotte Claire's birthday.  I did find her something, and shh, I found myself two sleeveless dresses.  I have been admiring them on the rack, now they're 20% off, I tried them on and couldn't decide...they're loose, and comfy, and neat, and they have pockets!  

Next, I dragged the girls to Hobby Lobby. I adore these places, but rarely go.  I threaten the girls, tell them I'm going to Hobby Lobby next, they groan, I don't really go.  But this time I warned them ahead of time, said I really wanted to go, so they were good sports about it.  Sonja actually ended up buying a really nice fake tree for her apartment!  Anyway, I had way too much fun, but I definitely behaved myself.  No, I don't really need this, that, and the other thing.  I bought one black wire hanging basket thing for the camper for 50% off, a package of beads for Camille, and...the fabric for the seat cushions!

Now...this isn't too exciting but for me, it is SO exciting!  I thought I'd just look, ponder, and mull.  I didn't think I'd put a bolt into the cart and bring it to the cutting counter!  I had looked at Walmart, and they have some lovely Waverly fabrics, but I was leaning towards outdoor fabric, for durability (grandchildren!)(dogs!), and that stuff is expensive.  Hobby Lobby had some on sale, but it was garish, loud, boring, or off-putting.  Then I moseyed back to the clearance rack I had already written off, and reconsidered that bolt of aqua-ish fabric...hmmm....regularly $15.99 a yard, for $6.  I looked at it again, and I liked it.  It's nice in a muted sort of way, a pleasing color.  Apprehensive that there wasn't enough there on the bolt, I asked the lady, she was doubtful, but yay!  There was enough for my cushions, and she was a generous measurer, even here's a little extra, just in case.  I was quite pleased.  

This is how the bench cushions look...
This is the fabric I bought...it's only draped over, I haven't gotten the sewing machine out yet.

This is behind the sink now, that's wallpaper.  
The tiles I bought...on clearance at Walmart!
The brown couch stays, it's nice and cozy.  The brown cabinets stay too, but the walls need to be brightened up a bit...it's so dark in here.  I just love a good before and after, and I think this will turn out nice...I already have paint and primer, so it will be a super low cost re-do.  
Anyway.  I won't be able to work on anything today.   Lydia is coming over for a few hours, so I invited Anya too, these cousins get along like a house on fire!  Grace is also coming over with Grant, Ruth, and Maeve, and Kathryn with Achilles, Rhys, and Jamie.  Sam is coming for dinner after work, so now I have to figure out what's for dinner for...a lot of people, ha.  I know I need to get moving, there are still some pans from last night...we had some friends here for dinner, Paul made his spicy venison meatloaf with hot sausage, I made barbecued pulled pork, and a pasta salad, and some brownies.  

I hesitate to get moving, because once everyone gets here, it gets busy...I love it, but I also savor the quiet when I don't need to be busy, ha.  
So pretty!

But this is distressing...the beetles are having a buffet with the lilies!  I am heading out there with some soapy water to drown some of those little meanies...

Ah well.  Life is good.  :).  (I wrote this a few days ago, but wanted to run it by Camille re mentioning her recent eye woes...)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Glad Camille is well! That had to be scary! I'm having fun watching your camper updo!
Valerie

Joybells said...

Holey moley!!! I would have been freaked out too. Thank goodness that Camille is okay, or at least that she will be, once her ears clear up. Never a dull moment is right. I'm excited to see your progress on the camper! That aqua fabric is pretty. Such a nice pattern, and definitely a nice splash of color to go with the brown. :)

We have 7 goldendoodle puppies here! They will be 4 weeks old on Monday, and will be going to new homes in a couple of weeks, I guess. We are a guardian family for a local breeder, so Mama Dog is ours to keep, plus one of her puppies. How we will ever settle on just one of those cuties, I have no idea! But in the meantime, my girls are in heaven. :)

Have a really nice weekend, Della!

Joy from Salem

Cindy said...

Oh yes, I get the part about having to check with your kids before you can post about them. Mine are the same way. :) You really have been busy. After I posted about 'being busy' today, I was in the car off to somewhere else and remembered about 4 more things I should have written about! Have a great Mother's Day!

Mari said...

I'm so glad Camille got an answer. Us moms always think the worse and my husband says a nurse mom is even worse! :)
I love that fabric for the cushions! You did good!
PS I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday with my daughter. She loves to go there!

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I'm leaving for Phoenix next week, so all my plans will have to wait...:)
Joy, I know, never a dull moment. And the camper stuff is just plain fun! You have seven golden doodle puppies? wowza! What fun! Oh, wow, you're keeping one too, what fun for the girls. When we picked Sunny up at just six weeks old, there was a little chocolate Lab that wasn't claimed yet...Grandma was buying Sunny for us, and had her checkbook out, kept saying she would buy the other one too, Jonathan loved that one, but I'm so thankful we didn't get both, phew. The puppy stage is a blast but exhausting too, and sometimes when there are siblings, they are naughtier, feed off each other and don't depend on their owners as much for guidance. So just keep one:)
Cindy, I know, it's so busy! I'm the same way, later I remember what I forgot to write about...
Mari, I guess it's good my girls don't love Hobby Lobby. It's just so amazing...and yes, the nurse mom, it's probably not much different than us having five of the kids nurses...additionally, Margaret and Evelyn work in online pharmecutical stuff...so they see a lot of things, and have a lot of opinions. :)