summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 27, 2026

jet lag is real!

 I am feeling better than I did when I arrived in Norway...I didn't sleep on the plane over, or on the bus ride, so when we got to our suite, I curled up on the couch...but didn't fall asleep for various reasons...held out until night time, and that's how I managed to sleep in the uncomfy bunk bed.  :). 

Coming home was easier in a way, but after the first good night's sleep because of sheer exhaustion, the time change effects start to become more apparent...I wake up super early, and get tired super early in the evening. It's not a bad thing, but it's definitely a thing.

I cannot even describe how helpful this trip was for me.  The obvious:  seeing eight of my kids there, a few daughter-in-laws, son-in-laws, and 12 of my grandkids...sitting on the fjord beach, going on the boat, not having to think about meal prep or cooking for the whole time, seeing friends from far and wide, and making new ones too.  

We had such good gatherings and meetings!  I am so very thankful for my friends, and for my heavenly calling, and that God has had such mercy on me.  I am thankful that I can have my ears opened to what God wants to say to me, and be so encouraged to be faithful in the hidden.  The thought life is crucial, keeping pure so that no bitter roots grow and destroy many.  

I've been to the pool this morning, to my swim class, it was lovely to be back.  I passed out Kvik Lunj bars, and then went to brekky with three of the ladies.  I stopped for gas on the way home, at the full service station in town, and had nary a dollar for a tip, so I gave the kid who pumped the gas a Norwegian chocolate bar...I am such a dork.  I handed it to him and said I just went to Norway, and since I don't have any cash for a tip, have this chocolate bar..."    (It's good my girls weren't with me, they would be like MOM!!!)

Anyway.  I'm home from the pool, watered my flowers, hung up my suit and towel, and here I sit.  I have plans though...I'll take a before and after, but I have a little table to redo.  (I've been itching to sand something!)  I have a few chairs I need to get rid of in the living room too, so I'm looking to replace them with just one new chair...there's too much furniture in here, but don't tell Char and Cam and Sonja that I conceded that.  The two Ikea chairs are just trashed.  They are all saggy, just done.  

It's just Paul and I here, although we had Evelyn and Nate, and Sonja and Kaia here for dinner last evening.  I cut up a watermelon, Ev brought pasta salad and buns, and I grilled burgers.  Tonight I'm thinking barbecued chicken thighs, although I did buy two ribeyes because it's just the two of us:)

Evelyn is due in three weeks!!!!  With Sonja, holding Kaia...

I have to bring my car to the mechanic down the road for it's yearly inspection, hope it goes well.  I have to go in for MY yearly inspection soon, I had to reschedule because I somehow had the appointment for the day I landed in Newark, oops.  I also have to see the dermatologist for my yearly skin check, then the knee doctor, and the dentist is in there somewhere too.  It's nothing compared to the slew of appointments I used to be running to, years ago, with all the kids...

Ah well.  You have a really good summer day!!!


No comments: